A driving thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: A driving thread

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Can you imagine the server disk space saved if an admin purges his old accounts?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm

This might be of some interest to some. I'm sure a few of us are aware of some more roads that should be included:

http://www.deuchars.org.uk/co/badroads/
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Azubi wrote:I've been very glad of fully comp insurance, having been involved in 3 accidents. Out of interest, what sort of value of car would you consider fully comp insurance?

Well I suppose it depends upon the price you get quoted for both, but last time I checked how much it would cost me for fully comp it was over a grand more expensive; and my car only cost me £1000 (probably worth less now). So it would literally be cheaper for me to get a new car :lol:

HouShian
Consort of the Beast

Postby HouShian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, after a month of getting the car MOT'd then fixed up to pass its MOT and then getting it VIC checked and Taxed, The correct bolts put on the wheels (it had its original wheel bolts on even though it had alloys) and the exhaust rattle sorted. My car is finally running beautifully and smoothly! Thank god for that!

If any one see's a X Reg blue Peugeot 206 around Birmingham its me. And don't hate the bug. He done nothing wrong!

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

HouShian wrote:If any one see's a X Reg blue Peugeot 206 around Birmingham its me.

Drive nicely. I ride with a camera. :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 pm

jackcake wrote:
HouShian wrote:If any one see's a X Reg blue Peugeot 206 around Birmingham its me.

Drive nicely. I ride with a camera. :P

Yeah, so if you're going to run him over, approach from behind.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

I'm getting a rear-facing cam in the near future, so be quick about it.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

HouShian
Consort of the Beast

Postby HouShian » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 pm

I'll keep that in mind!

if anything i'll probably be going the wrong way looking totally lost :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Some fucking chancers in this part of the year. Truly is.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 am

London bus literally ran me off the road the other night, and 3 minutes later, a taxi did the same thing, is my car invisible ?
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Prozz
Consort of the Beast

Postby Prozz » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 pm

If you have a van, reverse camera... best thing i ever fitted to my transporter...

im fucking retarded when it comes to going backwards in a van :yes:

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 am

Beginning to think that the Speedo on every car I've even driven is broken. It must be, either that or 50% of every other driver I encounter on the road is an obnoxious dick who thinks they are above the law.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Every car has a 10% error margin on its speedos. Sure there is a perfectly good reason for it, but yeah, I use the one on the satnav, thats virtually bang on. Doing 50 on it, 55 on my on board speedo, means I can overtake assholes in road works and not get fucked up by it.

Also is magic for EU driving, though I have got to say driving at 130mph on the E40 is a bit excessive.

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm aware of that, and I always keep the needle that little bit above the marker because of this.

I'm talking about the dicks I seem to encounter on a daily basis coming up my arse out of nowhere in a 30 then tailgating me all the way until one of us turns off.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Kami wrote:I'm talking about the dicks I seem to encounter on a daily basis coming up my arse out of nowhere in a 30 then tailgating me all the way until one of us turns off.

were you not aware this is perfectly standard driving behaviour for a number of people? bellends? yes, normal driving for them? yes

I just slow down that bit extra and use a certain hand gesture if I turn off before them
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS