Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Womble
Denim Demon

Re: Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Postby Womble » Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 pm

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Can't wait for these! I'll be getting Alpha Sapphire since I always play the 'blue' version.

Omega Ruby just sounds like a bad genderswapped version of this dude:

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Fri May 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Womble wrote:ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

Can't wait for these! I'll be getting Alpha Sapphire since I always play the 'blue' version.

Omega Ruby just sounds like a bad genderswapped version of this dude:

There was a ROM hack of Red a couple of years ago called Omega Red.

Surprising amount of people didn't get the connection.

But yeah, they're gonna add more megas. I know they're gimmicky but they're pretty much a mainstay now in the metagame.

Gotta get that mega-Pelliper ;)

Or mega-swampert with Sap-Sipper. Would be so fucking broken. :lol:

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Fri May 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I still can't fully accept Mega's. I apreciate they are more powerful and more interesting. But I'd sooner most just be standard evolution or not exist at all. Given only final forms mega evolve it pretty much confirms there will never be a Pinsar or Heracross evo. One thing I've always quite liked is expanding families with babies in gen 2/3, and then adding third stages to a lot of lines in gen 4.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat May 10, 2014 1:57 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:I still can't fully accept Mega's. I apreciate they are more powerful and more interesting. But I'd sooner most just be standard evolution or not exist at all. Given only final forms mega evolve it pretty much confirms there will never be a Pinsar or Heracross evo. One thing I've always quite liked is expanding families with babies in gen 2/3, and then adding third stages to a lot of lines in gen 4.

Definitely a better idea, sure, but I kind of like the idea of being able to change type and ability during battle. Mixes things up.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Mega's for the other two gen 3 starters have leaked. Swampert just looks like he over did the steriods, and Sceptile grows balls on it's back and becomes part dragon...

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasa ... ions.shtml

Oh and if the mega evo gimmick wasn't enough for you, here, have another 'evolution' gimmick...

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasa ... oric.shtml

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:38 pm

Yeah I think they had a "Primeval" Dialga in one of the spin-off games. And I love mega-Swampert, even though he clearly missed a few leg days :lol:

The only thing that really bugged me about the new images was the Mega-Charizard X next to Steven Stone, which he appears to be using.

WHY.

WHERE'S MY MEGA METAGROSS?! Metagross got nerfed so bad with gen 6 :(

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 am

Looking at abilities, I'm thinking Swift Swim might be a bit pointless as an ability. Judging how others have gone I reckon it might get a boost in Pyscial attack, and it's two defences, but It wouldn't surprise me if it's speed got lowered much in the way Abomasnow, and Garchomp did.

Then again, maybe the fact that a swift swim with it's current 60 base power would put it in the top 26 fastest, may be a sign that they are keeping it's speed as is. As well it's never been known for speed, so perhaps an ability boosting speed is an attempt to change its usage.

Otherwise a speed of 50 doubled would put you at 100 which is only top 97 which is neither here nor there.

Then again, I think it's foolish to assume that the pokemon company do things logically. As let's be honest Mega Gardevoir's ability is pretty much pointless, as the only move that realistically benefits from it is Hyper Beam, which would do 225 once you had the fairy type STAB. But that forces you to miss a turn. If you did two moon blasts over two turns you end up doing 285 damage, in the same amount of time you'd do one hyper beam. So I guess you have to ask if you want a massive one off hit, or if you think 2 pretty powerful hits would be enough. Either way, the fact that it's mega ability is literally only worth using with one move is a little silly to me.
The only other special normal type attacks you have are round at 60, and Echoed Voice at 40 which are pointless converting to fairy, as Moonblast is a more powerful move.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Pretty sure Mega-Swampert is getting Swift Swim because Blaziken got Speed boost, and Sceptile is already really fast. Just a way to balance it all I guess.

I was hoping it would get Sap Sipper, but you can't always get what you want :P

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Cpl. Jigsore
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cpl. Jigsore » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Mega sableye looks kinda lame :lol:

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 pm

It kind of does, but I'm still intrigued. It's ability could be something quite interesting reading the released bio.

Mega Metagross was confirmed the other day.

really don't know if I like how it looks. I somehow thought it might look a bit more badass and/or tank like than that. Apparently Tough Claws is it's ability.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 pm

I never liked Sableye so it doesn't matter to me.

I really like Mega Metagross' design, but I really don't think it needed Tough Claws at all. It would have benefited more from Levitate. Metang had it because it...levitates...and so does this. Also considering the massive nerfing the Steel Type got, Metagross could do with another Immunity, since it now gets bopped by Dark, Ghost, Fire and Ground as it is.

It's still going to be powerful as fuck though. Easily. If you care about Smogon tiering, it could potentially end up in Ubers.

Could.

Also.

I managed to clone a box of legit, trade-able Diancies if anyone wants one. It was from the Japan Event promoting the new film, so it's technically legit.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:24 pm

If I'm ever online at a similar time to you on facebook or something, just send me a message and we'll sort out something. I'm heading to bed in a minute though, and I've had less free time since starting work again.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Give us a shout tomorrow when you're free!

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Sorry I wasn't free. I've been a bit short on time this week since starting work. I'm sure we'l sort something. DO you want anything specific in return, or is this like a gift?