Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby peypea » Fri May 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Meant to have a bath tonight, got distracted by TV and now it's too late.
And I just realised that my last actual day off was last Wednesday.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 pm

His fairly stupid from what I've seen because he argues for the Tories as if they would increase his living standard, but unless you're earning a fairly substantial amount of cash it's usually detrimental. That's the kind of thing that annoys me when it comes to political views.

I don't know where he went but I don't mind if he read's what I've said there, it's only my opinion - he seemed an okay guy when I met him briefly.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't really get why people get so personal with this stuff?
I've always respected peoples opinions and even if I disagree I don't shout them down and ostracise them.
I have friends who support left, BNP, whatever and I don't give a fuck. If they are nice people they can think what they want and I respect them for having the guts to say what they think and feel.
Different people have different opinions and beliefs, that's why politics exist. If you're rich as fuck and you don't care about the NHS- poor folk and that works for you, whatever you know? Get over it

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Political views encompasses anything from people's moral values, their future, their economy, their education or their children's education so people are bound to get worked up aren't they?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

I dunno, I literally don't give a fuck about any of that tbh

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri May 02, 2014 11:46 pm

It goes both ways though, surely? You don't give a fuck, as you put it, but I do and so it balances things out nicely. I can be friends with people that I disagree with, no problem - but I have my limits. Selective immigration? Racism and xenophobia? Nah, cba with that. I like discussions as much as anyone else, but what I want to see on my daily news feed is a different matter.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri May 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Nantha wrote:I dunno, I literally don't give a fuck about any of that tbh

Oh right...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Nantha wrote:I don't really get why people get so personal with this stuff?
I've always respected peoples opinions and even if I disagree I don't shout them down and ostracise them.
I have friends who support left, BNP, whatever and I don't give a fuck. If they are nice people they can think what they want and I respect them for having the guts to say what they think and feel.
Different people have different opinions and beliefs, that's why politics exist. If you're rich as fuck and you don't care about the NHS- poor folk and that works for you, whatever you know? Get over it

Because those views are the difference between having enough money to buy food or going hungry for some people.

Differences between parties can also decide if we bother with renewable energy or keep relying on fossil fuels, and considering those are very finite it'll be the difference between having electricity in the next few decades or not.

Political decisions are often life or death for people too. On the scale of foreign policy, the difference between one party and another can affect whether we end up involved in a war somewhere, or domestically it can cause the deaths of people such as the hundreds (possibly even thousands) of suicides/other deaths being caused right now by Atos (disability assessment firm).

You might not care about other people living or dying, but some of us do.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat May 03, 2014 12:20 am

I get what you're saying.
I'm pretty tired so not really explaining myself at my best ability, but in short, it really winds me up when people get personal with politics, for many reasons.
Mostly because a lot of the time it just boils down to bullying, trying to make someone feel bad for the way they feel about things, try to make them hold the same values as you etc.
If you care about politics and know your stuff, cool, go ahead and vote, if it's the 'right choice' then surely you don't need to convince other people hmm?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat May 03, 2014 12:22 am

Nantha wrote:I get what you're saying.
I'm pretty tired so not really explaining myself at my best ability, but in short, it really winds me up when people get personal with politics, for many reasons.
Mostly because a lot of the time it just boils down to bullying, trying to make someone feel bad for the way they feel about things, try to make them hold the same values as you etc.
If you care about politics and know your stuff, cool, go ahead and vote, if it's the 'right choice' then surely you don't need to convince other people hmm?

The problem behind that ethos is that there's a lot of misinformation out there (willing to give examples if necessary), which is often used to convince people to vote against their own interests without realising.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat May 03, 2014 12:30 am

There are just a lot of thick people who vote.
Why the fuck politics aren't a mandatory subject in schools I will never understand.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat May 03, 2014 7:23 am

Nantha wrote:There are just a lot of thick people who vote.
Why the fuck politics aren't a mandatory subject in schools I will never understand.

Well we were pretty busy learning about 1066 and erm. Other shit I don't remember.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat May 03, 2014 9:07 am

Jobdone wrote:
Nantha wrote:There are just a lot of thick people who vote.

Well we were pretty busy learning about 1066 and erm. Other shit I don't remember.

Our school showed every 11 year old the movie Threads

You either ended up with a 3 week psychotic episode, or a deepr appreciation of foreign policy.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

There are more important things about people than what their political beliefs are. You're going to parties, not forming parties.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sat May 03, 2014 4:16 pm

I literally dismiss anyone who doesn't agree with everything last thing I say.*

*possible satire