Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Since it can be boring to read over and over again I thought id take a little snap of my predicament.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 pm

That is a predicament I look forward to next week when I arrive in Germany. WOA looking at 29C on Sunday and hotter to follow !

Take it you did not manage to get a ticket this year ? My mates in Germany are still eternally grateful for the ticket(s)? you sold me the other year !
Last edited by ScrumpiesVeteran on Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:05 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Sam, I have to say this but you are the Master of pointing out the bleeding bloody obvious.

I am sure you are well meaning and I pray that you are no blood relation to SlayerSteve, whose entire purpose on this forum was to piss us all off, but mate, you really should think before you post.

Peapea was expressing frustration at a bus delay, which for all you know may have had a knock on effect for later plans. She is a bright articulate woman who I have no doubt would have been carrying a book, or certainly would have had some other means to occupy her time during that wait. However you made an assumption (not for the first time on this forum), which we all know makes an ASS out of U aNd Me.

Your post served no purpose whatsoever. Other than to irritate ...

This is full of assumptions :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:07 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:That is a predicament I look forward to next week when I arrive in Germany. WOA looking at 29C on Sunday and hotter to follow !

Take it you did not manage to get a ticket this year ? My mates in Germany are still eternally grateful for the tickets you sold me the other year !

I didn't really bother to be honest. I had just moved here by the time the tickets were put on sale and before I could say my name they were sold out. I can't even afford to go home at this precise moment in time let alone a festival. No problem, I feel you helped me out more than I helped you out. :yes:

Also have a top time in Germany. I can't give you a properly good forecast as I live in the south and we're probably likely to see 35 again tomorrow.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm

Sam, you didn't ask if I had a book, you assumed I didn't. I did have one, which I read, but no book is going to make missing a bus by a few minutes any less frustrating. Especially when the wait is an hour long and I didn't get home until around ten when I finished work at 8.
I get that you're happy but kindly get off your high horse and stop treating people like they're fucking morons.

Scrumpies, can I just tell you I love you <3
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Turbo wrote:Since it can be boring to read over and over again I thought id take a little snap of my predicament.

Jesus :lol:

This global warming shite needs to fuck off.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm

I've been mostly away for weeks which is why this comment is coming in way late but a lot of you seem to be getting stiffed for train tickets. I do have a railcard tbf but some of the prices I saw there were way above what I'd pay even without them.

Quite often it's actually cheaper to use to local train companies for two separate parts of the journey, so you end up with something like (incoming made up figures) two 60 mile journeys at a tenner each instead of buying it as a 120 mile journey for 40
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Turbo wrote:Since it can be boring to read over and over again I thought id take a little snap of my predicament.

Meh - two weeks ago I was working on building sites in 47 degrees, I just missed the previous weeks heatwave of 55 degrees! Came home as pale as I went tho', as you can't stay out in the sun, then got sunburnt in Lake District.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:09 pm

:lol: I would not be a happy bunny in those temperatures. Worst I have ever been in was 41 in Greece and I didn't want to leave my hotel shower. I think I nearly ripped off the temperature knob on the shower it was so far down. Ice cubes were falling out of the shower head. Were glorious like.

I am not a tropical creature to be honest. Anything over 23/24 gets me a bit hot and bothered. Grouchy, that's the word I was after.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Still don't leave for the airport for another 12 hours.

Hurry the fuck up time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Jobdone wrote:Still don't leave for the airport for another 12 hours.

Hurry the fuck up time.

You at Stansted? Wetherspoons that bitch up.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Turbo wrote:Image

This doesn't fill me we joy. I'm going to be in Wurstland next week. I'm going to die :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Yeah it's meant to be 'nice' here today and tomorrow. Warm and overcast Sunday, pissing it down on Monday and Tuesday and summer returns on Wednesday. I assume you're going to Wacken yeah?

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Glad I agreed to work in the kitchen tonight...but WHY does it have to be on the hottest day of the year? All I've done is put my whites on and I'm sweating stupid amounts.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 pm

MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE BROUGHT A BOOK