Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Turbo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:20 pm

I feel utterly rank at the moment. Drank (downed) a pint of water and within seconds it was at my pours. Going to be like a water feature after this pint. When it cools down I am thinking cold bath. I know it doesn't work (I had someone read the book to me), but it'll make me feel great for 30 mins. :yes:

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Necking a pint of water doesn't actually hydrate you, it just makes you go for a piss sooner.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:37 pm

I did it totally accidentally. I was that thirsty. Point seen.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:00 pm

One of the nice things about being in our own place: Moo doesn't care if I walk around in my underwear when it's hot.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:51 pm

So it seems King Diamond is going to be playing in Berlin... the day after I fly back to the UK :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm pretty sure it was the crappy Co-op microwave meal that made me vomit spectacularly outside the Gryphon last night.

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:57 pm

I should go to the Gryphon more. Both for antics like that and because it is strangely endearing, despite the naff music and drink selection.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:02 pm

They can put on decent music if you request it, as far as getting what music I want played it's one of the better places.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:33 pm

I really like the Gryphon. Actually think Bristol has a really great selection of pubs. Not even a cider drinker and thought the Apple was a cool concept.

Tim - soon. + Ryan, when I am down visiting you should pop in too. Id like to think it'll be this year but if not early next year. :yes:

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:59 am

Absolutely <3
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 am

I find the potency of a West Virginia accent through the German language to be the most grating thing I have ever heard. Just sounds like she's not even trying, and her not trying is still better than me. Suppose at least I can pronounce German words, remembering the words is not important. :lol:

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 am

Turbo wrote:I find the potency of a West Virginia accent through the German language to be the most grating thing I have ever heard. Just sounds like she's not even trying, and her not trying is still better than me. Suppose at least I can pronounce German words, remembering the words is not important. :lol:

I knew a Scottish lass who'd been living in Germany for a few years, but she dated some American guy, and she had the most awful American twang in her accent.

I mean, my accent gets really fucked sometimes, but this girl would speak perfect, broad Scots but words like "town" would be in the thickest New York/Queens/Brooklyn accent you've ever heard.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 am

This lady substitutes ch with a k, which I really don't understand, I would understand the ch in church which would be alot closer than the ending of for example "thick." Ick werde..., Ick freue mick, etc.

ITS A SHHHHHHHH. Ikk, fuck we're not in Switzerland. Oh and as I mentioned, the accent that she has NOT toned down for the language. Annoying because she's bloody good at the language, head and shoulders better than anyone else on the course, but that Fehler, bloody fuck. The other American who is a friend of mine from Cali is nowhere near as bad.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Lewis Hamilton suffers from American Altered English Accent Syndrome. Makes his post-qualifying 2nd place strops mildly entertaining.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Noodle wrote:Lewis Hamilton suffers from American Altered English Accent Syndrome. Makes his post-qualifying 2nd place strops mildly entertaining.

This. Every single race. It's especially noticeable in Bahrain, when he develops a really odd Middle Eastern accent.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.