Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Bizza wrote:Cheques.

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:30 pm

JamieH wrote:Oh, I would still be very keen to move to Bristol. It's just the distinct lack of money that is stopping me :lol:

If I manage to get a x-mas temp job somewhere the vast majority of the money made from it will be put towards a deposit somewhere, if it's Belfast or somewhere further afield such as Bristol.

Just do anything to get out of that place, man.

Moving out and getting steady work does wonders for relationships with your parents, but then everyone's parents are different. I'd like to think I can visit mine at 27 and be able to speak to them as friends and equals but whilst I'm fine with my dad, my mother cramps my style like crazy. Keep forgetting I'm in the perfect position to draw a line and say enough is enough.

At the very least though, when you move, you'll be able to prove your independence and demand some more respect.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 am

Jamie that's not so much a trivial grumble mate, sounds like a properly harsh environment to be in. Hope you get something soon and get to flee.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Lost power earlier this evening (it's back now though, hurray). 28 degrees Celsius in my bedroom with no air-con and no fan makes me something something.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm

JamieH wrote:Again my Mother is being a dick.

Had an interview today, after the interview they said "Sorry it wasn't much of an interview, we're trying to rush through these as quick as possible as we are wanting to hire somebody urgently. So whoever is successful will get a call around lunch time"

Didn't get a call around back, therefore I didn't get the job. I didn't really think I would, but it was worth a try.

Mum comes home "Well, did you get it" "Nope" "Of course you didn't. Fucking look at you. If I didn't know you lived here I'd think you were homeless or something. You look like a fucking tramp. Of course nobody would hire you" Now every time she walks past me she grabs my hair and makes some sort of disapproving groan..

My hair was tied back, I had a shave, shirt and trousers were ironed and shoes were cleaned for the interview btw..

She's more than likely being a dick cause she's realized she's spent all her wages on buying shoes, clothes, wine and going out again. "Uhh I've no money" *comes home with a case of wine and new shoes*

Aye, the fact that I've no job is annoying, I am fucking trying to get one.. and till I do find one 95% of my dole money goes towards bills and food shopping.

Our offer is still there if you need it :)

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:39 pm

TGOTD: Dead pixel.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 pm

JamieH wrote:Again my Mother is being a dick.

Had an interview today, after the interview they said "Sorry it wasn't much of an interview, we're trying to rush through these as quick as possible as we are wanting to hire somebody urgently. So whoever is successful will get a call around lunch time"

Didn't get a call around back, therefore I didn't get the job. I didn't really think I would, but it was worth a try.

Mum comes home "Well, did you get it" "Nope" "Of course you didn't. Fucking look at you. If I didn't know you lived here I'd think you were homeless or something. You look like a fucking tramp. Of course nobody would hire you" Now every time she walks past me she grabs my hair and makes some sort of disapproving groan..

My hair was tied back, I had a shave, shirt and trousers were ironed and shoes were cleaned for the interview btw..

She's more than likely being a dick cause she's realized she's spent all her wages on buying shoes, clothes, wine and going out again. "Uhh I've no money" *comes home with a case of wine and new shoes*

Aye, the fact that I've no job is annoying, I am fucking trying to get one.. and till I do find one 95% of my dole money goes towards bills and food shopping.

She's not going through the menopause is she? My mother was particularly evil at that time.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Ditto, add onto that being housebound due to injury/illness. Not exactly fun times.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Im so fucking broken. :(

AlixB

Postby AlixB » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am

AlixB wrote:Lost power earlier this evening (it's back now though, hurray). 28 degrees Celsius in my bedroom with no air-con and no fan makes me something something.

...and now i have a summer cold :evil:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:10 am

Been aching to see What We Do In The Shadows for ages. It became available to buy a digital copy online in New Zealand on Halloween but the Australian home release isn't due until January (and I think it's just come to cinemas in the UK?). Got birthday money yesterday so I decided to use Hola Unblocker to access the website as if I was in New Zealand and bought a digital copy (as it's not appeared on the "usual sources").
Upon paying I then find out that I can only download a copy of the film using the iPad app (which is only available in New Zealand, also I don't have an iPad). If I want to watch it on something other than an iPad then I can only stream it on the website.
So I've just paid $25 NZ ($22.78 AUD/£12.57) for the ability to stream a film on a website. No digital copy to download and watch on my TV, or watch offline.
Not fucking happy.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Loads of people on my FB are sharing the Buzzfeed article "46 reasons you should never leave Belfast" which seem to be popping up for most cities atm.

But considering this is supposed to be a list of reasons why you shouldn't leave Belfast, a vast majority of the things aren't in or even remotely close to Belfast. For example Portrush, a sea side town 60 miles away from Belfast on the North Coast where I live, along with Dunluce Castle, The Dark Hedges, Balintoy Harbor Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Bushmills Distillery which are all up around this area. Oh and Portrush another two times.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Not seen one for any (west) Midland city yet hahaha.

Though for Coventry they'd struggle to find 46 different things - good or bad - they could talk about it. Wolverhampton is still one of the worst places in the world to live. Rest are not cities (not sure about Dudley, not been there since they put the wall up).

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Turbo wrote:Not seen one for any (west) Midland city yet hahaha.

Though for Coventry they'd struggle to find 46 different things - good or bad - they could talk about it. Wolverhampton is still one of the worst places in the world to live. Rest are not cities (not sure about Dudley, not been there since they put the wall up).

1. Because nobody else wants you with your horrible accent

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Careful, you might hurt my feeling.