Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Katesyl wrote:As much as having your hair played with is nice, the expectation of making small talk takes away from the appeal quite significantly.

Trivial grumbling: Our housemates have an annoying habit of hearing you sneak into the kitchen and charging in, putting their crap music on and taking up all the space making their very messy, elaborate meals for about 3 hours, complete with squealing and singing. I just want ten minutes to get something to eat in peace!

I'm the same with making small talk - I didn't go often enough for a hairdresser to know anything about my life and I just assume all they want to talk about is the latest reality show and who has knocked up Katie Price recently. Luckily i've managed to find a hairdresser who is a really camp gay man who just talks at me regardless of whether I will respond or not! We discussed cider last time.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Not likely to cut my hair anytime soon if I can help it, so...

Ha. That reminds me. Many, many years ago, my sister was horrified by the thought that I might keep my hair long when it started thinning. "Promise me you won't go for the balding Phil Collins/Francis Rossi look", she said. I refused :-) Yeah, I've lost a lot of it now. But I like long hair, so I'm keeping what's left of it.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 pm

I'd always wanted long hair ever since I was a wee kid. I can't say there won't be circumstances or a change of heart that'd make me cut it again but I do much prefer it this way presently, much as I am very aware about how it's perceived. Especially if you have a certain type of hair and/or face.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 am

If I cut my hair now, I would instantly regret it and spend the rest of my years trying to rationalise my short hair as "always having suited me and should have cut it short years ago" all the while cursing and crying in the corner
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 am

Finding it incredibly difficult to get motivated in work at the moment.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 am

This, and got 2 exams tomorrow.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:48 pm

First cold in a while. Damn it.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

thehairyone wrote:First cold in a while. Damn it.

Yeah im in the same boat. Very snotty, eyes are puffy, headache. Early night for me.

Purple n Batty
Warrior of Metal

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Gp appointment at 430. Still waiting 40 minutes later. I'm hungry and need a wee.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Pulled muscle in the side of my foot. Complete with day 2 of Manflu tm. Not a happy chappy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Colleague is leaving in 2 weeks max (for a job I had an interview for a couple of months ago), although I know I'm getting a new team mate in the guy I sit next to already who is right lulz. Still, doesn't help with the chaotic situation at the moment.

Also I forgot my contents insurance is due for renewal mid Feb, which will eat the most of my savings next month. Think it's time to go to some comparison sites.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

H&M thinks I want information about kidswear. Also I ordered 2 things today and both of them are going to be delivered by Hermes.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Our Hermes deliverer is hilarious. Yells at us every time. We've become quite attached.

Trivial grumbling: Made it over to Bradford in the snow all pumped up for my interview for it to be cancelled, despite several phonecalls on the way saying it was still on (although they were clearly trying to find any reason to get out of it). I wouldn't mind but even flipping Northern Rail was running uninterrupted, and they'll cancel for anything. Now I have to wait till the end of Feb, by which time I'll probably be applying for qualified jobs anyway. Only started this application in 2013...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 am

Timehop seems to have found a way around my filters. No sorry I don't give a shit what you said or what you did 5 years ago.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:06 pm

Turbo wrote:Timehop seems to have found a way around my filters. No sorry I don't give a shit what you said or what you did 5 years ago.

The unfollow button works wonders for this. Between the recycling old posts via Timehop, a million post from the various "lad" pages, the idiots who reposted that "channel 730937" scam and generally people being fucking idiots I must have blocked half the people on my FB by now :lol:

I would delete FB if it wasn't the only way of keeping in touch with people in other countries and a lot of photography stuff being organized through private groups.