Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:14 pm

JamieH wrote: :rolleyes: :finger: :lol:

ftfy :eyes:

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Jobdone wrote:
JamieH wrote: :rolleyes: :finger: :lol:

ftfy :eyes:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Another power cut. This one has tripped our internet so I just set my phone up as a mobile hotspot as I have a gig of data to burn from now until tomorrow. It is fucking quicker than my wifi. Wot?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Doesn't appear to be a contract for the house i'm moving in to next week.
I thought uh oh, one of those landlord illegal renting out a property deals, all good in theory until they sell the house and you get kicked out with half a day's notice and can't do anything about it or whatever.
But then I asked a load of questions and turns out the house is owned by a church? They don't seem the type, hopefully there is some sort of contract somewhere, I'm not really happy about laying down a deposit no matter how small without something in writing. :|

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Whenever I room-hunted, I was proper quizzical about the nature of the contract. Any alarm bells ringing at any point and it was a no-no for me.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:44 pm

Back to work tomorrow. Hmpf.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 am

Shitty storytime, boys and girls:

I've discovered Twitch after watching ADGQ via its stream. Since then I've been filling my time watching people run games I sucked at. Now I've finally signed up to follow a few streamers I've found, one of them was running the sequal of a game I'd have liked to try at the time of it coming out.

Playstation 2 ceased production yonks ago. Games for it must have fallen to peanuts now, surely?

Googled Shadow of the Colossus... Amazon has a copy for sale for a reasonable *50 ODD FUCKING QUID*. However, CEX online has a single copy for £15. Do I want to spend that much for something I'm only realistically going to be able to play at home, which isn't that often? I want old games for dirt cheap!
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:29 am

Noodle wrote:Shitty storytime, boys and girls:

I've discovered Twitch after watching ADGQ via its stream. Since then I've been filling my time watching people run games I sucked at. Now I've finally signed up to follow a few streamers I've found, one of them was running the sequal of a game I'd have liked to try at the time of it coming out.

Playstation 2 ceased production yonks ago. Games for it must have fallen to peanuts now, surely?

Googled Shadow of the Colossus... Amazon has a copy for sale for a reasonable *50 ODD FUCKING QUID*. However, CEX online has a single copy for £15. Do I want to spend that much for something I'm only realistically going to be able to play at home, which isn't that often? I want old games for dirt cheap!

Two copies on ebay with just under 2 days left for £5 and £1.24.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:26 am

Shadow of the Colossus is amazing. I have a special edition version which would be worth about £30-50 had it not been eaten by rabbits.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:56 am

An ex of my sister broke my PS2 while she was borrowing it from me, then claimed because it wasn't directly her she had no responsibility for it.

Got one for free a couple of years later off a good friend, but my original one was literally the only PS2 I knew that had absolutely no disc laser issues, while everyone around me was selling and giving away games because their PS2 couldn't read them anymore. :(
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:54 am

Shadow of Collosus didn't get a huge print run if I remember rightly.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:24 am

Turbo wrote:Another power cut. This one has tripped our internet so I just set my phone up as a mobile hotspot as I have a gig of data to burn from now until tomorrow. It is fucking quicker than my wifi. Wot?

Follow @wpduk on twitter, Western Power Distribution. They're manning it 24/7 and respond to questions about power supply, and give updates on power outages, etc.

Interestingly, even though they're called that, they actually supply all the way from Cornwall up to Lincolnshire!
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:07 am

There's no where in Fulham to get good coffee and I'm sleepy.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:48 pm

I get a really distinct impression that I might not have any more work for the remainder of the week. Going to be a ropey couple of weeks until the new registrations are out.

Edit: I have work tomorrow, but still I don't like this.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Bought that girl I've had a few dates with a toy minion as a present as I know she loves them and wants one.

Haven't given it to her yet and from the looks of her facebook someone else has got there first. ffs ..
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014