Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Become a vape hipster like one of us.

You'll save a shittonne of money too. And you can blow away indoors without stinking out the place.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Went to cafe for breakfast with Turbo this morning. We all went for the 'Anatolian breakfast'. Can't say I liked it all that much, but I'm telling myself it was the right thing because it's healthy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 pm

It was alright. I do feel I should have just gone for a Full English though. That black pudding would have been magic on this hangover.

Not a big fan of olives though, they could have shoved those up their arse and given me my black pudding.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:40 am

Kidney is still hurting a bit, especially after I do my cycle to work (even if it is only 10 minutes) - which is annoying, as I only have one antibiotic to go on the course. Not to mention I don't really want to deal with travelling to London and standing up all evening for shows. Meaning this week I missed Seprevation on Saturday, Accept on Monday, Grave/Malevolent Creation yesterday, Belphegor and Vital Remains today, and can't see myself improving dramatically for Gorgoroth tomorrow.

EDIT: Only person at work today or tomorrow so can't be fucking around with going to the doctors. Called at lunch and asked fi they could ask a doctor to call me back just for some advice at the very least - they said they would between 5 and 6. Nothing all fucking night. What the fuck do we even pay thousands of pounds a year in national insurance for?

At least I didn't buy tickets for them in advance and I've seen them before. I'd have been gutted if it had happened for Judas Priest - especially as I was rather optimistic about them being announced for bloodstock.
Last edited by jwh20 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Can't find driving thread. Fuck it. I've been a commuter for 4 days now and I have no idea how anyone does it. My current displeasure is people who are obviously scared of their cars, the road, other drivers, the dark and the slightest spot of rain but have to drive for work, insisting on driving at least 10 miles below the speed limit and wondering why they have a massive queue behind them. I'm encountering them both ways - why do these people exist?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36289&p=1536929#p1536929

It was right at the bottom of the page.

Everything I start playing tonight I get 20 minutes in and want to play something else. I got a bit sick of waiting for people to join my heists in GTA, takes about 20 minutes to start one and when you get one going you have a bunch of dickheads going in all Rambo and dying. Same dickheads that demand for me to put it on hard...so our team gets 0 lives, one death = mission failure.

So then I go over to Black Ops and I have a few tragic games.

Oh well, Battlefield 4. Asked around to see if anyone is up for it on Saturday evening. Could be fun with a few of us...and I got the game for free so its a win win.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Spent all evening writing up a new CV. This better generate some hits.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 am

Really don't feel Christmassy at all. To be honest I don't really know what that even means. Yeah I kind of enjoy it once it comes around. But man, I hate the build up and panic. It one day for goodness sake!!!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:30 pm

I will never feel in the negative about Christmas (despite some traumatic memories), just the fuzzy feelings decrease yearly. And I'm sure it's been like 15 years since I started saying "Christmas is just another day, innit?"

What gets me fuzzy is those smells like mulled wine, non-shitty Xmas songs and the ritual get-together with my BFFs at my old local (Hannah - think Joe might drag you along if you're spending it with him in Aldershite).

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:40 am

Had a really good two days off work. Feels like it's been longer than that. Don't wanna go back today.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:02 am

Sent my leave requests in for 2016/17 - but looked at the calendar wrong and went back to June 15 and not forward to June 16. Meant to book from Monday after download to Tuesday after Hellfest. Ended up booking the Wednesday to the Thursday instead - so no Iron Maiden for me this year. Despite having a larger team than last year they're letting less people have leave at a time and the Monday and Tuesday are booked >:(

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Lonely day. These short days forcing me out of the house so I can grab that last bit of sunlight so I'm not completely gloomy.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm not as young as I used to be. Ploughed my way through the vodka at the office christmas party last night (in a Polish restaurant - good choice!) and I'm definitely feeling it today...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 pm

There's no official Christmas party where I work. Or rather, there is, but because of poor management and/or the demands of the work, it's either late November or early January (like it was early this year) and so it's not very Christmassy. And I've only been to one. Can't be arsed with stilted conversation. Or conversation that gets a little too honest after a few drinks.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Seem to be getting a torrent of wrong numbers of late. This latest one didnt even know who she wanted. "Is that errrr I dunno." Errrrr sorry beautiful I can't help you if you don't know who you wish to speak to. Wrong number mixed with not sure who they're after. The fuck let this one play with the telephone?