Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby V-Man » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Did you fall for 9 continuous seconds then toss your snow scoop and storm away?
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Id imagine he tossed his 'snow' afterwards if you know what I mean. His sticky warm snow.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:28 am

Someone I dislike is coming out today for beers. Can anyone call me with a family emergency around 6ish please?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm so tired/hormonal I just burst into tears at an RSPCA advert on the TV because there was a scruffy looking cat, seriously they shouldn't be allowed to show that stuff before midday on a monday.
Also pretty sure i've done some damage to my eyes, from passing out in my contact lenses on friday. 3 days now and it feels like i have a hundred eyelashes stuck in them, and daylight/phone/computer light is seriously painful. shit

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:57 pm

I want to get a custom controller for my xbox (in green naturally) and I tried looking for this place today. Its based in Leeds and I so happened to get a day where I was working alone and going to Rothwell, post code took me to what I assume was a po box and not a shop with tonnes of brightly coloured controllers. Oh well, at least I didnt use my own fuel to look for it. Ill just wait until they have their exhibition at the August Insomnia.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:34 pm

There are some small, local(ish) gigs I want to go to but know they'll just be massive group ego wanking sessions. Very off-putting. Haven't been to a gig in ages and I don't think it's a coincidence.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:54 am

So 300 euros just cost me £49 more than 6 months ago from the same place. Goddamn Brexit speculation. I was only going to get 250 this time, but the exchange rate was even worse if you got under 300.

Very excited for Netherlands Deathfest now though.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Oh nice ive got 105 Deutschmarks I can get rich quick with. I don't change money over and I often come back with a bit. I think I have about £70 of zl at home and that will do me for my next trip over.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Bisset wrote:Successfully ignored the inner voice that said "No Dave, dont have more alcohol. It's only a Monday and you're in work at 8"

Do gig beers produce a worse hangover or something? Or am I just old?

Maybe the shitty plastic cups?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Old workplace's final payslip doesn't look right, as I suspected. Then I'll query it and it'll turn out they are right and I just don't understand how adjustment periods work or some shit.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Got roped into some drama based on some nasty throwaway comments I made in a bad mood ages ago. I briefly pondered standing by them and just being one of those "I tell it like it is" bitches but I can't be a badass I feel terrible.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:10 am

Really struggling to get out of bed atm.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:09 am

jwh20 wrote:So 300 euros just cost me £49 more than 6 months ago from the same place. Goddamn Brexit speculation. I was only going to get 250 this time, but the exchange rate was even worse if you got under 300.

Very excited for Netherlands Deathfest now though.

I've been pondering what rate I'm going to get at the atm in Dublin this weekend. I'm going to have to sit down next week and really research all the issues around this referendum. I'm going to be in a particularly weird situation of still being a UK national and having an EU passport simultaneously. So at least I won't have to use the loser queue at airports.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Really shouldn't have had that free coffee at the talk this morning. Still isn't out of my system. Didn't help that there was some drama in between the meeting and paintballing.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Require a tactical sick very soon. Im in a right state today. Good night in Tamworth.