Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Shoulda known from putting my feed up on the window sill that some wee beastie would have a bite.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 am

I got Albania in the Euro 2016 work sweepstake. I always get someone shite in these.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:59 am

keera_envenomed wrote:I got Albania in the Euro 2016 work sweepstake. I always get someone shite in these.

They stopped doing it at my old place after I drew Spain and Germany in consequitive tournaments. That earned me a tidy number. :D

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Ours is a blind one. Names have been put into envelopes, mixed up and a team placed outside. They get opened only when a team is knocked out.

I reckon I've got someone shit but not shit enough to be knocked out first (£5 wooden spoon prize)/
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:18 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Ours is a blind one. Names have been put into envelopes, mixed up and a team placed outside. They get opened only when a team is knocked out.

I reckon I've got someone shit but not shit enough to be knocked out first (£5 wooden spoon prize)/

That's a pretty awesome way of doing it tbh
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:11 pm

I've been putting the tower fan on timer 'cos I don't want it on all night, but the sound of it switching off freaks me out in the middle of the night and actually wakes me up. Funny how brains work like that. Or mine, at least.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:08 am

Jim wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:Ours is a blind one. Names have been put into envelopes, mixed up and a team placed outside. They get opened only when a team is knocked out.

That's a pretty awesome way of doing it tbh

It's not really. I would rather have the "Come on (random team)" when you know that you might win some thing. A bit like the National when you know the 1000-1 horse you got won't get over the first fence. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:23 am

Yeah I'd much rather know my team so I can cheer them on. Really the only teams who have zero chance of getting out of the group stage are Hungary and Albania, everyone else at least has a possibility of a decent 3rd place finish.

And if you get one of the bigger teams then there's still the need to cheer them on so they don't screw up! I mean there's still a big chance of England choking it, Belgium are nowhere near as good as people think they are, Germany and Spain have had some terrible results in qualifying and friendlies etc. In the first 5 minutes last night it looked as though France being so untested were about to get completely upset by Romania and to be honest their defense still looks very shaky even after that win. Very open tournament this year.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am

I swear man if I see one more smug "Guess you can vote leave if you're a massive racist snarf snarf" picture arguing against strawmen on my facebook I'm gonna vote leave out of spite.

Turns out there are downsides to keeping your facebook a left-y echo chamber.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Just been to check out a really nice flat -- great view, spacious rooms, two bedrooms, plenty of space for brewing mead in, wonderful view of the sea, allows cats -- but only has a copper line in, no fibre, and it looks like one of the bedrooms has damp.. :l

Next!
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Jobdone wrote:I swear man if I see one more smug "Guess you can vote leave if you're a massive racist snarf snarf" picture arguing against strawmen on my facebook I'm gonna vote leave out of spite.

The other one I keep seeing is "these select people vote remain... these select people vote leave... don't be an idiot, vote remain", as if the people with the ideas is more important than the ideas themselves. This whole referendum has been a propaganda extravaganza and all it is doing is causing division and confusion.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Jobdone wrote:I swear man if I see one more smug "Guess you can vote leave if you're a massive racist snarf snarf" picture arguing against strawmen on my facebook I'm gonna vote leave out of spite.

The other one I keep seeing is "these select people vote remain... these select people vote leave... don't be an idiot, vote remain", as if the people with the ideas is more important than the ideas themselves. This whole referendum has been a propaganda extravaganza and all it is doing is causing division and confusion.

Just like an election campaign then :lol:
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:46 pm

kanet666 wrote:

Good grief, this. A lot of people really aren't as smart as they like to think they are but they like to give themselves and others that impression by scoffing at the plebs and various undesirables.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:03 pm

But.... Steven Hawking is pro-remain!
This is by far the most annoying one though - and posted by all the liberal, slightly thick girls on my facebook

You ask anyone to explain it and they can't. :lol:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Anyone can contribute to the world any time they like!
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH