Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby thehairyone » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:27 am

It would be really, really nice if things would stop catching fire when I plug then in.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm exhausted trying to figure this particular person out.
I've never had it before that after 6 months working and travelling with someone I still feel completely ill-at-ease around them, intimidated and shy and have no idea what to say or do to connect with them. It's driving me insane.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Today fucking sucked. Got way too much shit wrong and it stressed me out and I was annoyed with myself for being visibly stressed, even though it's all okay at the end of the day and I'm in good standing, etc.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:08 am

As I'm going to Ireland for Christmas to spend it with my fiance's folks I had my Christmas lunch thingy with my parents yesterday.

Todays work is sponsored by hangover weekly.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm

I spend way too long thinking about and writing emails of the remotest importance and boom, there goes the evening. Also this ice-cold Zywiec isn't agreeing with my brain.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Being rushed around consequently meant I was dying for a poo for a few hours today to the point its made me feel rather ill. I managed to lay a cable in Cheshire but the feeling hasn't gone away. Its currently a two parter, sequel was shit but I am hoping that it's like the Robocop trilogy where the last one was properly good and makes you feel better.

Roboplop.

cthulhu
Consort of the Beast

Postby cthulhu » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Had a run of posters printed for a gig I'm promoting in Plymouth...managed to somehow send the only PDF of the poster in existence with the wrong date on it.

Really quite irritating.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 pm

Facebook needs to work out an algorithm or something so you can choose specifically to hide all instances of couples tagging eachother in the comments of everything they find funny/adorable/amazing.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Everyone is moving out of my flat and I can't afford to move.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Just put a massive dink in my 5-string by being clumsy with one of my other axes. Thing's gonna look so battle-scarred just sitting in my room. Never even gigged it.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Idiot me read that Devourment rather than Embryonic Devourment were playing Netherlands Death Fest and spent best part of six months excited for a band that were never even playing. I can see the funny side, but then Katalepsy and Darvaza dropped out too who I was both looking forward to, making it a bit more annoying.

Plenty of the remaining bands I want to see have partial clashes of about 20 minutes of 40 minute sets, yet the two bands I cannot stand in Bloodbath and Triptykon have no alternative playing at the same time. I have seen them both before, the latter three times, and have no intention of giving either of them another chance.

Out of five others who were meant to be going with me none are now, and I have to shell out for a 2 bed room by myself due to a dearth of accommodation in the town.

Should still be a good time as I wanna see a lot of bands, but yeah, just a little annoyed.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:07 pm

housemate over-watered my plant when I was away and it's looking like it's not going to make it. Literally had it a month :(

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:47 am

I'm sick of "holier than thou" gig promoters not putting up set times for shows until the day itself (if at all) and saying when asked "turn up early and support everyone". At least a few days notice is good for people who work and travel in from outside London who might love to be there at doors, but would need to rejig work plans in order to get there.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:06 pm

jwh20 wrote:I'm sick of "holier than thou" gig promoters not putting up set times for shows until the day itself (if at all) and saying when asked "turn up early and support everyone".

100% agreed. There is no excuse for it.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Nothing more terrifying than when a stranger (well, friend of housemate) suggests "we should jam sometime". We were both drunk at the time so I presumed nothing'd come of it, then housemate follows it up. Uggggh.