Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:14 am

Just realised that it's Grand National weekend and I'm going out tomorrow. Town's going to be packed with drunken knobheads. A lot more than normal anyway. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:46 pm

People who put Saint Helens rather than the proper St Helens. I spent ages looking for something earlier. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:People who put Saint Helens rather than the proper St Helens. I spent ages looking for something earlier. :rolleyes:

Or just as bad "St. Helens", as in with Yank punctuation.

Similarly pronounching the H or the first E in that name is just wrong, as I know well as a native :P

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am

My neighbors took a package in for me early in the week and I haven't been able to catch them in to get it, now they seem to be away for the weekend. Bah.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:11 am

Hate accidental errors costing extra money. Being idiotic enough to book the coach from Munich to Prague for the wrong day and then being charged a 19 euro cancellation fee. And by time I finally got an answer off both mates three person + large tent VIP camping for brutal assault sold out, and having to pay for 4 person even though there's still only three of us.

And it looks as if BA are just as terrible as bloodstock at getting the running order out early! The final announcement seems ages ago...

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Plusnet seem to be having issues with their service. Can't watch anything on twitch above potatoest of potato stream quality.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:52 pm

Tutor at university hasn't responded to any of my emails all week regarding both my upcoming assignments, despite saying she wanted to sign off on them before we went ahead - and wouldn't see anyone after class on Tuesday as she needed to leave when it finished, meaning it's a weekend I can't spend on these assignments. Can't work on them in the week due to work followed by classes (London is an hour and a half trip each way so I'm out for 13 hours) so that's another weekend lost for this class.

Now she's cancelling three weeks worth of classes in February and March for this module by going on strike. Paying £8000 for tuition this year, and they shut the library for 2 weeks over Christmas, leaving just 10 days after before last term's essays were due. Pretty hacked off with all this. Guess I save a shedload of trainfare.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Slev wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:People who put Saint Helens rather than the proper St Helens. I spent ages looking for something earlier. :rolleyes:

Or just as bad "St. Helens", as in with Yank punctuation.

Similarly pronounching the H or the first E in that name is just wrong, as I know well as a native :P
I seem to remember we always used to put full stops after initial letters but that it's faded out of use, e.g. U.K., Mr., Mrs., Dr.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm

This fucking hot weather. No real end to it in sight. I'm still wearing black jeans and a Maiden T-shirt though.

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:This fucking hot weather. No real end to it in sight. I'm still wearing black jeans and a Maiden T-shirt though.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:This fucking hot weather. No real end to it in sight. I'm still wearing black jeans and a Maiden T-shirt though.

It's pretty lazy. But I blame the heat for that. Vicious circle.

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 am

Fucking this. It's just never ending. I hope it breaks before Bloodstock, I really don't fancy 4 days walking around outside in this.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 am

Bizza wrote:Fucking this. It's just never ending. I hope it breaks before Bloodstock, I really don't fancy 4 days walking around outside in this.

Looks like it's here to stay:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm worried that the Catton Hall grounds will be a dusty wasteland before us messy fuckers descend upon it, also means that water on site will be potentially limited, depending on suppliers.

I'm equally worried that this weather will break and we'll get nothing but rain throughout August, making Bloodstock one big mud bath.

Weather. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Black Wizard

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:48 pm

If there's no rainfall close to the festival then the ground will be rock hard and we won't be able to get our tent pegs into the ground!