Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:16 am

Electoral roll. You don't have to fill it in, but yeah, most credit checks for large value amounts (mortgages) will check your electoral roll history.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:48 am

Some sleep would be nice.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Bisset wrote:Some sleep would be nice.

Pretty much. Bed by 1, up at 5:35. I can't say I was impressed with that today.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:54 pm

said yes to a job tomorrow but thinking about it now I wish I hadn't because it's going to be a total ballache and has fucked up my entire plans for the week

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Today has been the most stressful day at work I've ever had. Cock up after cock up.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Everywhere in Germany only has EU to UK plug converters not the other way around and I don't have a card to order them online with yet so trying to keep my shit charged is a massive ballache. Currently borrowing a flatmate's one but jesus they're a pain to find.

One twat was just like "you should buy them before you come over here" like that's fucking helpful, I'll just trek 550 miles back to the UK for a plug converter then...useless sod
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:36 pm

I was just about to post that before the edit. I have five of them. They're not really intended for every day or permanent usage. Not that I have had problems, but you should perhaps look to get a charger suited to your new location.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Turbo wrote:I was just about to post that before the edit. I have five of them. They're not really intended for every day or permanent usage. Not that I have had problems, but you should perhaps look to get a charger suited to your new location.

I have tonnes of electronics here so not really viable. Laptop, phone (although that can be charged via usb ofc), guitar amp, xbox, etc
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Fucking twat at work trying to tell a customer how her refund was going to work and then just being a total idiot. Customer had bought some baby food,used a voucher for money off and then decided she wanted to return it. My twat of a colleague who does not and never has worked on the customer service desk or as a supervisor told the customer, whose English was not 100% but she understood what was being said, that she would get a refund minus the money for the voucher. While the customer then spoke to her husband about it, the twat sat there laughing at the customers English. Wonderful.

Should have been sent straight to me or the team leader, did get a full refund on the items she returned because she had spent more than the minimum amount for her voucher and really, even if she hadn't it would have cost us 50p instead of the £10 I gave her in goodwill, which for a colleague blatantly laughing at a customer whose first language is not English, I was lucky to not have an official complaint to deal with. This particular woman does this sort of thing regularly, I told her flat out afterwards if it happens again I'll be having words with the manager about her. Her reply "well what does it have to do with you anyway" quite a lot actually, as not only am I working on the customer service desk and so dealing directly with customer complaints and goodwill, I am your supervisor, you dick.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:01 am

Throwing up in the shower is a new one...
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 am

Woke up this morning a little worse for wear.

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Woke with a migraine again making me feel sick. That was my plans for the day gone then and now having to squeeze lots of things that need doing today into a couple of hours.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 pm

I think Saturday's antics have fucked my immune system a bit, hangover of death has turned into annoying cough.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:27 am

Danroush wrote:
Turbo wrote:I was just about to post that before the edit. I have five of them. They're not really intended for every day or permanent usage. Not that I have had problems, but you should perhaps look to get a charger suited to your new location.

I have tonnes of electronics here so not really viable. Laptop, phone (although that can be charged via usb ofc), guitar amp, xbox, etc

Sorry if this seems a bit obvious, but if they all disconnect from the device (like the Xbox cord will, and most laptop chargers do), why not just take the English cable into an electronics store and ask if they have the same one, but with an EU end? I did that with my laptop charger and got one for like $10. Been meaning to do the same with my PS3, as like Andy said, adapters aren't really designed for permanent use (if you so much as tap the one I'm using for my PS3, it cuts the circuit and turns the device off).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:59 am

Applecore wrote:
Danroush wrote:

Sorry if this seems a bit obvious, but if they all disconnect from the device (like the Xbox cord will, and most laptop chargers do), why not just take the English cable into an electronics store and ask if they have the same one, but with an EU end? I did that with my laptop charger and got one for like $10. Been meaning to do the same with my PS3, as like Andy said, adapters aren't really designed for permanent use (if you so much as tap the one I'm using for my PS3, it cuts the circuit and turns the device off).

What I meant was cost wise. Firstly electronics cost a lot more here anyway, along with the amount of different ones I'd have to buy it'd easily end up setting me back at least 100eur

Also for some things that's not even an option. The guitar amp cable goes inside the amp, I can't just unplug it and switch it for a different one.