Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby WorMzy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Cat is being a little shit recently. Keeps getting into the butter, knocking over the bin and stealing out the empty cat food packets, trying to steal food when people aren't looking (stole a whole slice of stollen the other day!), and even peed in the girlfriend's bag.

Really not sure what prompted this behaviour. She's not getting fed any less than usual, her litterbox is regularly cleaned, and she has me around most of the day to adore and play with her (and be slept on). It's getting to the point where we're just going to have to shut her out of the kitchen and endure her meows of protest. :/
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:05 am

This tour is turning out to be a bit of a struggle. Combination of the band being unorganised, tour production repeatedly sending out the wrong rider. shite gear and things not being hired in.
Last three gigs, I've had to miss dinner with the band because I've been sorting everything out and I feel my job as an engineer is being compromised as a result. Shit just keeps getting thrown at me and I don't have time to actually focus on making things sound good, it just has to work

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:03 am

Need a smoke and have none.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 am

Basically everyone has quit the store I'm in because it's changing to savers soon. I'm leaving at the end of next week but puts me in a shit position.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Got all flustered by the cash machines at the bank that allow you to pay money in even though I've done it before, not very customer-friendly interface. Went to a cashier instead and mentioned in passing that I'd had no luck with the machine. His advice was bound to sound too condescending to my ears. Ended that interaction on a polite note but still rattled like I must be fucking useless or something.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Dads been in London on the razz today and I have to pick him up from Solihull railway station, only issue is...I don't know what time and its getting on a bit and I have work tomorrow.

Edit: 23:30, he's on his own I just cracked open a can. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:47 pm

I think Candlemass finally blew my speakers.

With rock and roll.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Stepped on my glasses. Took them off because I splashed myself with bleach water, then stepped on them after I washed my face. :<

Special trip down to VisionExpress, methinks.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:52 am

Feeling meh about pretty much everything. Really hate this time of year and I really hate Christmas.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:32 pm

I am literately the thickest cunt ever. Listening to music wondering why things are so quiet. Gone all over the PC. Everythings at 100. Volume wheel on my headphones. Fucking hell Turbo you really are becoming unravelled. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 pm

Halloween party plans have fallen through, alright family illness happens but I was looking forward to that. Oh well night in Solihull it is!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Halloween was never a thing in my family. Think we saw the whole spoopy dress-up rituals etc as a bit too American. Never was my idea of fun, hate doing any kinda fancy dress come to think of it. I mean, I admire it when others do it well but I hate being involved in the contrived fun of it and on top of that you're a total wet blanket if your mood doesn't fit the occasion so fuck everything, basically. Figured it's best just to stay away from such things.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 pm

I wasn't allowed to trick or treat as a youngster for a variety of reasons so I never really got into the tradition.

Had a run in uni where I wore a bowler hat and sun glasses and got by as lazy blues brother, but generally not fussed with the holiday.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:25 pm

It wasn't really a thing when I was a kid. Even in my twenties you didn't go out partying on Halloween. It was just for the kids. Even teenagers didn't bother with it as it was seen as a little kids thing.

You basically had duck apple, candles and that was it. If you was lucky then you would get a good ghost story on the TV.

There was no dressing up, no pumpkins (turnips were used instead), no trick or treat, no parties, no mischief night, no horror movies, no clowns, no superheroes, etc.

And it was all on one night, not a fortnight of dressing up and having parties.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:31 am

Jobdone wrote:I wasn't allowed to trick or treat as a youngster for a variety of reasons so I never really got into the tradition.

Me neither. My mum hates Halloween because it's her birthday and she kinda passed that down to me! I only really remember it becoming a thing for adults when I got to uni and I wasn't too bothered about it then and I'm still not that bothered now.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock