Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Applecore » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 am

Just the key ones (as in Xbox and laptop) shouldn't cost that much, surely? You don't need a whole new charger, just the cable that plugs into the charger (if it comes apart, like most modern laptop ones do, anyway).
USB chargers are a doddle, as you can get generic USB plugs for pocket change most places.
Also, if you're there long-term, it may be worth getting plugs that can't be swapped (as in, your amp) changed at the end, which just about any electrician should be able to do.
Unless you've got 10 devices, I can't see it costing anywhere near 100€.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Applecore wrote:Just the key ones (as in Xbox and laptop) shouldn't cost that much, surely? You don't need a whole new charger, just the cable that plugs into the charger (if it comes apart, like most modern laptop ones do, anyway).
USB chargers are a doddle, as you can get generic USB plugs for pocket change most places.
Also, if you're there long-term, it may be worth getting plugs that can't be swapped (as in, your amp) changed at the end, which just about any electrician should be able to do.
Unless you've got 10 devices, I can't see it costing anywhere near 100€.

I've got about 5 or 6, and every cable and electronic good seems to cost a ridiculous amount more than it should here, a simple plug converter costs nearly 7euros
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Can't you just buy a cheap one off Ebay and get it delivered to where you are?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Used to really love Havok but lately I've realised how dull and uninspiring they are :(
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:21 pm

6 minute conversation to my old man to Belgium on his UK phone. 8€, fucking shit?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Bought a new phone after smashing mine and realising the excess on my insurance is sky high (£140, knew insurance included in the contract would be shite) and my sim card doesn't fit. No biggie, got an adapter because the sim is smaller than my current phone takes anyway. The new phone is a size bigger so need to wait for another adapter to arrive now

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 pm

No sarnies or chocolate in the vending machine. What I brought with me had better be enough...

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 am

Had a huntsman spider in my room last night. The ensuing battle lasted until almost quarter to 3 in the morning before I admitted defeat and retreated to the spare room. Had to make up the bed and didn't get off to sleep until about half 3.
Then woke up at half 6 because the spare room gets all of the sun as soon as it's up and the blinds are about as effective as tracing paper.

Dad convinced me that the spider had evacuated my room at around 7am so I managed to get a couple more hours. Still fucking tired today, though.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:10 am

Realised I'm working eight days in a row.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Applecore wrote:Had a huntsman spider in my room last night. The ensuing battle lasted until almost quarter to 3 in the morning before I admitted defeat and retreated to the spare room. Had to make up the bed and didn't get off to sleep until about half 3.
Then woke up at half 6 because the spare room gets all of the sun as soon as it's up and the blinds are about as effective as tracing paper.

Dad convinced me that the spider had evacuated my room at around 7am so I managed to get a couple more hours. Still fucking tired today, though.

Update: The beast is defeated. Dad smooshed it under a tea towel.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Do you think you will ever get used to sharing your environment with such a plethora of evil species ???

I freak at a medium sized house spider. Can't imagine sharing house space with a huntsman :lol:
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:17 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Do you think you will ever get used to sharing your environment with such a plethora of evil species ???

I freak at a medium sized house spider. Can't imagine sharing house space with a huntsman :lol:

There was a house spider in my kitchen last night and I ended up attacking it with scissors. I can't handle spiders.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Scissors !! Nah, way too big a risk of escape. Your hand has to be too close to the spider as well. If you miss it could run up the scissors onto your hand :o

I prefer to go after a spider with a heavy book, so I can flatten it securely. I always carry a book, as I never know how useful it will be :P
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Poor spideys. :(
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:28 am

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Do you think you will ever get used to sharing your environment with such a plethora of evil species ???

Tbh I didn't think it was a huntsman at first, as I thought they were bigger. It was still made of nope though.
Though that's the 4th that's been in the house in the 2 years my parents have lived here, so at that rate I don't think I'll need to get used to it :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock