Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 pm

And they were comfortable with a window at every seat.

BR Second class.

BR First class.

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm

That looks nice.

This is pretty much the new train that started turning up this week.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Plenty of space for a trolley service. But that will probably be taken up with loads of people and luggage. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Plenty of space for a trolley service. But that will probably be taken up with loads of people and luggage. :lol:

:lol: Undoubtedly. Had some numpty on the train to Nottingham the other week, with their massive suitcase where your feet go. I had to ask them to stop moving it and pushing it against the tiny bit of space where my left foot was.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:BR First class.

Omg I am in love with that fabric.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Nice short return trip to Newcastle Upon Tyne yesterday meant that I cba to drive today. Walked to the shops and it pissed down on me. Fuck you Newcastle.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:51 am

The heavy garage door slammed itself shut onto my foot. Hurts like hell now. Better not have broken anything.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Hurt my heel travelling. Had to make it worse in order to get to the next two places, then walk around those places to not make it a waste of money going there. Now it seems really damaged :/
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:31 pm

VizardAmata wrote:That looks nice.

This is pretty much the new train that started turning up this week.

Ironic that seats are getting smaller as the levels of obesity is supposed to be getting bigger :eyes:

Whatever happened to Ryanair's plans to do away with seats altogether and have a standing/strap system?

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:44 am

I think they were told in no uncertain terms to fuck that idea out the window.

TG: In doing overtime today and one of the grads is sitting watching YouTube and colouring in his colouring book. Must be nice getting double time to do FA (I'm aware of the hypocrisy of me being on here but at least I'm doing work dammit!)
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

The two people that I need to confirm my annual leave for Bloodstock are off (one on a long holiday, the other on compassionate leave) and one of the colleagues left in the office is trying to block me from taking the time off because she is on holiday that weekend and wants to make sure I am there to cover her workload. This shouldn't a problem because the deadline for her workload that week is Thursday (her holiday starts Wednesday so I would only need to cover 2 days), it should all be done by then and I would be free to travel over to BOA in the afternoon then have Friday and Monday off but she is being over-cautious and wants to make sure I am stuck in the office all day Thursday and Friday just in case anything is needed . I'm not going to sit here all day on Friday, missing 2 days of Bloodstock when there is nothing that I actually need to be doing to cover her, doing my own work to pass the time. Least of all when the person who is pushing against my annual leave is my exact equal in terms of company hierarchy.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 am

Too sunny. Faaaaaarrrr too hot.
Roll on blessid winter.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:25 am

V-Man wrote:The two people that I need to confirm my annual leave for Bloodstock are off (one on a long holiday, the other on compassionate leave) and one of the colleagues left in the office is trying to block me from taking the time off because she is on holiday that weekend and wants to make sure I am there to cover her workload. This shouldn't a problem because the deadline for her workload that week is Thursday (her holiday starts Wednesday so I would only need to cover 2 days), it should all be done by then and I would be free to travel over to BOA in the afternoon then have Friday and Monday off but she is being over-cautious and wants to make sure I am stuck in the office all day Thursday and Friday just in case anything is needed . I'm not going to sit here all day on Friday, missing 2 days of Bloodstock when there is nothing that I actually need to be doing to cover her, doing my own work to pass the time. Least of all when the person who is pushing against my annual leave is my exact equal in terms of company hierarchy.

So she can't force you then, right? Sounds like she's being unreasonable tbh.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I'M MELTING! MEEEEEELTIIIIING!

We picked the worst day to fucking move flat. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Fuck this weather. We invented Spain and Greece for this weather, you like it you can fuck off there. Car recorded 36. Thats 10 degrees too high for England. I blame brexit for this.