Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Fjar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:36 pm

My guts are fucked. Making noises and cramping like nobody's business. Is it really bad etiquette to take my laptop to the toilet and work from there? No-one would miss me, right?
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:39 pm

My portable CD has given up the ghost after 8+ years of faithful service.

And after that long, the price of an MP3 player with a large HDD, hasn't dropped at all. They've instead added loads of useless features like video playback & touch-screens...

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Really don't want to go to work today.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:47 am

The swirly head feeling is back. Gah.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Looking at van/campervan insurance. Well, insurance terms and conditions and finding it difficult to concentrate.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm

It was an 'induction day' to my new sixth form. I knew no one there, and it was so awkward once one of the people I was talking to, who was really friendly had to go, and the other went with other people she knew. It seemed everyone had SOMEONE to talk to, bar me. Bit weird really.

I'm relatively comfortable being alone, but not when all teachers felt the need to move me next to people who clearly couldn't have cared less that I was there.

Just something I've never experienced
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 pm

The issue is, Gandalf, that a small percentage of attendees are from the school. I mean, there are some who came from different schools, but there was at least 2 of all of them. It really was uncomfortable. There was no one who appeared to have common talking ground though either. 98% were Hollister wielding, wanna be surfer lookalikes or hipsters, only a few thank god. The only band shirt apart from mine was a Biffy Clyro one. Everyone I ended up speaking to REALLY weren't my type of folk at all...
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm

I wear Hollister :P It's comfy as fuck.

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Yeah I have a couple of hoodies, but you know what I mean. I didn't mean like hoodies/joggers, I mean low cut vests to show man cleavage, snapbacks, chino shorts.

No offence if you wear one/all of the above

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:34 pm

If I'd looked at people in my uni class the way you are, I'd not have made any friends and I would have had a shite three years.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:39 pm

georgebailey96 wrote:The issue is, Gandalf, that a small percentage of attendees are from the school. I mean, there are some who came from different schools, but there was at least 2 of all of them. It really was uncomfortable. There was no one who appeared to have common talking ground though either. 98% were Hollister wielding, wanna be surfer lookalikes or hipsters, only a few thank god. The only band shirt apart from mine was a Biffy Clyro one. Everyone I ended up speaking to REALLY weren't my type of folk at all...

When you're basically forced to mingle it won't work so you'll get to know people more when you're in class with them. And don't judge people by their cloths.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:26 pm

I love it when metalheads judge others by how they dress, The irony is delicious.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Womble wrote:I love it when metalheads judge others by how they dress, The irony is delicious.

Or their taste in music.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:55 pm

georgebailey96 wrote:It was an 'induction day' to my new sixth form. I knew no one there, and it was so awkward once one of the people I was talking to, who was really friendly had to go, and the other went with other people she knew. It seemed everyone had SOMEONE to talk to, bar me. Bit weird really.

I'm relatively comfortable being alone, but not when all teachers felt the need to move me next to people who clearly couldn't have cared less that I was there.

Just something I've never experienced

I had similar problems when I went to what we call Gymnasium (age 16-19'ish). The best advice I can give you is, be as open as you're comfortable with and act as if their differences compared to yours don't bother you. Remember, any social encounter with a new person gives you opportunities (sp?) to learn something new. Just be who you are, treat them like you would any other person despite what they look like - if you bump into someone you think you might get along with, try and ask them questions about themselves. I'm a really shy person by default, and feck knows I struggle to start conversations, but it'll get easier the more you try it :)

It took me a couple of months back in school to get a group of friends in my class, but it's been 3 years since I graduated and I still keep in touch with some of them.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Womble wrote:I love it when metalheads judge others by how they dress, The irony is delicious.

:lol:

I do it all the time but in a gay "she's wearing those shoes with that dress" kind of way rather than a trve errmageerrddd that's not kvlt loser kind of way. It's because I'm fabulous.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.