Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Applecore » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Is Gandalf a new profile for Andy Hall..?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Applecore wrote:Is Gandalf a new profile for Andy Hall..?

Nah ! Andy was never deliberately annoying, just backed his corner ! He also always apologised if he felt that he had seriously offended anyone.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Fair point. Plus he'd have amassed over 10,000 posts by now :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Moonburp wrote:Genuinely interested though, where's the bit about Robin Williams using drugs in recent years?

Just Google Robin Williams Drugs and you'll find loads of information. He was in rehab two months ago. But I doubt you'll get the definitive answer until after the autopsy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Seriously, how is suicide selfish? Can someone actually explain it to me?
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:47 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:

Nah ! Andy was never deliberately annoying, just backed his corner ! He also always apologised if he felt that he had seriously offended anyone.

If I have offended anyone then I do apologise.

I just didn't think that a throwaway comment would upset so many people.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:49 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:

If I have offended anyone then I do apologise.

I just didn't think that a throwaway comment would upset so many people.

If it'd been a drug overdose then that'd be one thing, but it seems like it genuinely was suicide which makes it a whole other matter. I get the throwaway aspect of the post but it did seem a bit soon. Maybe if he was getting cremated people could joke about rubbing the urn to bring him back but idk.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:But I've got no sympathy for a drug addict killing himself. It was his decision to take drugs. Now three people don't have a father. It's them I have sympathy for.

That's where it becomes a grey area.

The man suffered from bipolar disorder and depression issues, which more often than not leads to substance abuse.

And I can't accept the "suicide is selfish" shit. Nobody wants to kill themselves. Nobody wants to die. Otherwise it would happen with every depressed person. Half of this forum would be dead. It happens when the pain of living becomes much greater than the fear of death.

I can't hate a person for the shit that goes on when you're in that state, especially when he's probably been living with it for decades.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Well this went on far longer than expected. :rolleyes:

Completely forgot to register myself to vote in the UK as they've had some form of shake up or something. Gonna cum back and fuk sh1t upz0rz. Must do that tomorrow.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Bringing the thread on topic.

My Bloodstock Trivial Grumbling is that my hotel bed was just too comfortable. Couldn't sleep the first night because I was mentally prepared for the usual travelodge experience of sleeping on a plank of wood, with another plank of wood for a pillow.

No, it was ridiculously comfy and I had to remove one of the pillows as 2 was just too much.

Can't get used to my own bed now. FFS.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Genuinely interested though, where's the bit about Robin Williams using drugs in recent years?

Just Google Robin Williams Drugs and you'll find loads of information. He was in rehab two months ago. But I doubt you'll get the definitive answer until after the autopsy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... death.html

The fact you linked a Daily Mail article immediately invalidates any arguement :P I'm not having a pop but I agree with Charlotte, to call suicide a selfish decision is a bit of a tough one. It's selfish in some regards but not in others, hence the grey area. Battling with depression is no easy thing and sometimes thoughts lead to suicide because you genuinelly can't think of any other way to keep going. Sometimes those thoughts go further and you complete the deed. Like I said, grey area and that's my 2 cents.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Hammered, have to be up in six hours for work.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 am

I have been looking at maps for potential ways of getting home. My dad wants to go back without fail via Koblenz which is not a problem, but my current idea of going also via Arnhem might add a tonne of miles onto the clock. We do intend to break the journey into two at a point most likely in Belgium but I just wanted to go over the bridge because it isn't too far for me. OHYEAH.

sugarmouse
Consort of the Beast

Postby sugarmouse » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 am

Jobdone wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:But I've got no sympathy for a drug addict killing himself. It was his decision to take drugs. Now three people don't have a father. It's them I have sympathy for.

That's where it becomes a grey area.

The man suffered from bipolar disorder and depression issues, which more often than not leads to substance abuse.

And I can't accept the "suicide is selfish" shit. Nobody wants to kill themselves. Nobody wants to die. Otherwise it would happen with every depressed person. Half of this forum would be dead. It happens when the pain of living becomes much greater than the fear of death.

I can't hate a person for the shit that goes on when you're in that state, especially when he's probably been living with it for decades.

^That, is exactly how I feel about it. I can't remember what source I read it from but people speculated that he felt so bad about putting his family through it all that he felt they'd be genuinely better off without him. Depression/Bipolar isn't rational.
We're all ****ed. It helps to remember this.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:18 am

Getting the thread back on track:

I over milked my tea.

Now I'm just staring at this pale cup of disappointment wondering what could've been.