Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon
Posts: 4089
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Northampton....not Wellingborough!

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Czech's Mate » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

skull-wart wrote:It's just an expensive windows 7 with a daft touch screen design start up apparently.

That's it's good point. Sadly came installed on the new laptop.... :(
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

User avatar
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Accessing the Acropolis

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby skull-wart » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm

There's an option to take off the new interface on startup I think from what I've been told, but it's pretty much just an update to the user interface - you wouldn't have lost anything unless you had installed the operating system yourself and bought it over 7 :)
People like complaining about operating system a lot I find :lol:
Image
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Jim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm

skull-wart wrote:There's an option to take off the new interface on startup I think from what I've been told


I've not came across this, and I know a lot of people who'd be very interested - as they've put that Metro UI on the Server version too (Windows Server 2012)... and a lot of folk's virtualisation software won't let people move the mouse to the bottom right corner (it changes to a 'window resize' cursor just before the start menu hint pops up), forcing them to have a desktop shortcut to OSK.exe (on-screen keyboard) just to push the Windows Key.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Accessing the Acropolis

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 pm

That's a shitty thing to have on launch - good job Windows :lol: I just mean there's no need to fret if you have it for casual use is all, Czech seemed mildly worried :D
Image
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

User avatar
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon
Posts: 4089
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Northampton....not Wellingborough!

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 pm

skull-wart wrote:That's a shitty thing to have on launch - good job Windows :lol: I just mean there's no need to fret if you have it for casual use is all, Czech seemed mildly worried :D


No I can use it ok, it's just that I'm old and don't like change! ItS better now that I have personalised it....perhaps it's just hat I like words rather than pictures. ....overall, it doesn't feel nearly as friendly as the Apple operating systems which I intuitively picked up whilst this I really had to think about.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm

People whinging about people whinging about the snow. Just as annoying as the original whingers :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Accessing the Acropolis

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 pm

I get this all the time - It's like people complaining about christmas, if they didn't exist I would barely notice christmas at all.
Image
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Applecore » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

skull-wart wrote:I get this all the time - It's like people complaining about christmas, if they didn't exist I would barely notice christmas at all.

It's the "oh so clever" statuses that say things like "The windows in my house are currently out of order, thanks Facebook for letting me know what's outside", etc that get me. That said, it's great fun to point out that they're just as bad as those posting about the snow just to see the smug look drain from their face, as they realise the true horror of their status.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Accessing the Acropolis

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 pm

gandalf the red wrote:Do they have wild orgies in the BBC weather centre?


Well, if Jim can do it...
Image
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 am

Applecore wrote:
skull-wart wrote:I get this all the time - It's like people complaining about christmas, if they didn't exist I would barely notice christmas at all.

It's the "oh so clever" statuses that say things like "The windows in my house are currently out of order, thanks Facebook for letting me know what's outside", etc that get me. That said, it's great fun to point out that they're just as bad as those posting about the snow just to see the smug look drain from their face, as they realise the true horror of their status.

Did you see my facebook status on the matter?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Danroush » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 am

Bought a chromebook. The internet connection isn't working properly (connects then stops loading any pages within a minute). Chrome OS is almost entirely online based.


Fuck.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Humperdink
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:36 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Humperdink » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 am

Ugh, seasonnaire houses.....I have a new roommate and I'm so not in the mood to make introductory small talk tonight. Totally awkward.
Yes. I probably love Opeth more than you do.

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Freyja » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Hummm, really don't like waiting for emails. The job interview I went to Thursday before last said they'd email everyone, regardless of whether they were successful or not, but still no word. No number to call either. Pretty certain I've not got the job, but still it would be nice to have been told by now, haha.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Got no sleep last night. I'm currently at the stage where my brain has given up on making me feel tired and concentrated its efforts on allowing me to make silly, ill thought out comments online.

I've also left my gloves in Ilkeston.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Freyja » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Freyja wrote:Hummm, really don't like waiting for emails. The job interview I went to Thursday before last said they'd email everyone, regardless of whether they were successful or not, but still no word. No number to call either. Pretty certain I've not got the job, but still it would be nice to have been told by now, haha.


Got a reply! Nope, no job for me. Nevermind, I don't think I'd make a very good waitress anyway.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/