The Q&A thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Re: The Q&A thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:23 am

gandalf the red wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:
Not pies? :P

Well most do pasties and pies (or at least seem to endorse a particular company), but they seem to always have to be heated up specially if you want one rather than being readily available like they would in a bakery/everything else they sell.

I though it was the pie eating capital of the world near you, so I would of expected it to be a bit more 'piey' than just selling Hollands Pies. :lol:

Wigan are the pie eaters, and you under estimate the Wigan and Leigh rivalry. I think anywhere paying to much attention to the humble pie (pun very much intended in this context) would be dubbed a traitor or something :lol:

To be honest I'm surprised chippies don't do Lobby round here just to reinforce the stereotype/rivalry. I know some pubs do periodically.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 am

Yeah basically, Lobby isn't great, or even particularly original. But it's ours haha.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

You cant beat chips and jumbo sausage with lots of salt and vinegar, a pickled gherkin, and then popping to the chinese next door for a big pot of sweet and sour sauce to pour all over it. Was an accidental discovery, but the sauce just makes it amazing. And you can dip your gherkin in it, which is all kinds of wrong, but tastes so good. Perfect!

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I haven't read this thread in ages and felt the need to contribute to topics that has long since died...

I wear my metal gear all the time and metal heads who go on about fashion and wearing fashionable clothing actively annoy me. I just think they care too much.

Toasted sandwiches are better than toast toppings.

And if an Indian doesn't have Naan bread it's dead to me :yes:
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:40 pm

skull-wart wrote:I wear my metal gear all the time and metal heads who go on about fashion and wearing fashionable clothing actively annoy me. I just think they care too much.

Conversely, metalheads care too much about metal clothing they wear, also.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:52 am

siliconfury wrote:
skull-wart wrote:I wear my metal gear all the time and metal heads who go on about fashion and wearing fashionable clothing actively annoy me. I just think they care too much.

But if they didn't make a meal of it (and I know most don't) then it doesn't bother me in the slightest - it only annoys me when they point out that they don't like wearing metal gear. That's the point I was making, not that I dislike their clothing.

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 pm

skull-wart wrote:
siliconfury wrote:

But if they didn't make a meal of it (and I know most don't) then it doesn't bother me in the slightest - it only annoys me when they point out that they don't like wearing metal gear. That's the point I was making, not that I dislike their clothing.

There are a fair handful of people who do take dressing metal seriously, even if you personally might not. I've been told off for not wearing metal clothing on a couple of different occasions. It's just another fashion, surely?

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:23 pm

It's fashionable within the metal community. :P

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Cowbacca wrote:
skull-wart wrote:
siliconfury wrote:Conversely, metalheads care too much about metal clothing they wear, also.

There are a fair handful of people who do take dressing metal seriously, even if you personally might not. I've been told off for not wearing metal clothing on a couple of different occasions. It's just another fashion, surely?

Oh aye, they're knobs too. But people who go on about not wearing metal clothing and talk about trying to wear more fashionable clothing sound (more) pretentious*.

*All opinions are my own and are not obligatory and/or compulsory. :)

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:43 pm

I've never heard anyone make a point about 'not dressing metal'. Only ever the opposite.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

skull-wart wrote:Oh aye, they're knobs too. But people who go on about not wearing metal clothing and talk about trying to wear more fashionable clothing sound (more) pretentious*.

Definitely, though I'd just generalise it to people going on about not wearing x clothing and trying to wear more y clothing are probably pretentious. There are some situations were it would be practical to have such a discussion (work place, special events, etc) but generally nobody cares what other people wear.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Cowbacca wrote:
skull-wart wrote:Oh aye, they're knobs too. But people who go on about not wearing metal clothing and talk about trying to wear more fashionable clothing sound (more) pretentious*.

Definitely, though I'd just generalise it to people going on about not wearing x clothing and trying to wear more y clothing are probably pretentious. There are some situations were it would be practical to have such a discussion (work place, special events, etc) but generally nobody cares what other people wear.

Yeah, I think that sums it up really. :yes:

Fjar, just skip a couple of pages back that where my point arouse from in the first place.

fitz
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby fitz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Got a job interview for Waterstones on Wednesday, anyone worked at one of their stores on here? Will be my first interview in ages, so just trying to cover all the bases at the moment. Running the usual questions through my head etc
They say the pen is mightier than the sword... well, I say fuck the pen! Cause you're gonna die by the sword!

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

fitz wrote:Got a job interview for Waterstones on Wednesday, anyone worked at one of their stores on here? Will be my first interview in ages, so just trying to cover all the bases at the moment. Running the usual questions through my head etc

Be prepared to answer the question, "What's the best book you've read lately?".
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

fitz
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby fitz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Fjar wrote:
fitz wrote:Got a job interview for Waterstones on Wednesday, anyone worked at one of their stores on here? Will be my first interview in ages, so just trying to cover all the bases at the moment. Running the usual questions through my head etc

Be prepared to answer the question, "What's the best book you've read lately?".

Hehe, yeah I have a feeling that might crop up! Also other variations of 'whats yer favourite book' and 'what book has changed your life (if any)'?
They say the pen is mightier than the sword... well, I say fuck the pen! Cause you're gonna die by the sword!