The Q&A thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: The Q&A thread

Postby Nantha » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Turbo wrote:It's a decent idea. I have played with a few peoples phones of late, I think it was a Sony (Experia [sp?]???) and I didn't like that, that much. Samsung that a mate of mine had looked more or less what I had already without the wankery. I haven't bought a phone in years, got messed around the last time. I hate shopping for new phones, people in phone retailing establishments I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. 3GS I have a hand me down from a mate who upgraded to the 5. I am not necessarily interested in having the latest phone - I mean I am not 14 so it doesn't really matter. Just want one that works quickly and most of all can connect to my satnav via bluetooth for hands free. Oh and must have Facebook so I can tag myself shitting in various service stations, this is very important.

Sorry got bored
Last edited by Nantha on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 pm

I didn't see this. :lol:

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:20 pm

:lol: :lol: Post of the year!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 am

Turbo wrote:I didn't see this. :lol:

You shouldn't ask questions. :P :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 am

Is traffic or public transport usually bad on NYE?
I have a tight window to get to London on NYE about 8 o'clock and it takes slightly less time to drive, but I don't want to get fucked over with horrific congestion.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I don't know about NYE but I frequently get shafted in traffic any other time. Id opt for train. Less things that can go wrong on your journey.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Turbo wrote:I don't know about NYE but I frequently get shafted in traffic any other time. Id opt for train. Less things that can go wrong on your journey.

yeah I think you're right. And knowing my luck my sat nav would try to take me over Tower Bridge where the fireworks are being held or some bullshit.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:23 pm

One day im going to Londons firework display. I have for years wanted to do it. Don't even care if stupidly busy.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Anyone here had much experience with recruitment agencies? Thinking of signing up to one or two to try and get me out of retail and into a job I don't totally hate.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 pm

The work is usually temporary, but sometimes they can last many months - but if you're clear about your goals to the agency its good for getting relevant experience on your CV.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:19 pm

When I used them they were useless. Never got a single offer of work.

I don't know what to recommend instead that you don't already know, tbh.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:33 pm

peypea wrote:Anyone here had much experience with recruitment agencies? Thinking of signing up to one or two to try and get me out of retail and into a job I don't totally hate.

You don't have much to lose. The last time I used them, I got 14 interviews in 10 days and took my pick of the resulting job offers. Admittedly, that was 20 years ago in a buoyant time in my industry (IT). But even if the job market isn't as strong now, you're unlikely to be any worse off than if you didn't try them. Just be aware that some might try and put you forward for inappropriate roles because they ultimately care about their commission and not your wellbeing.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Does anybody use wifi repeaters in their homes? Not sure if my walls are lined with lead but I need a solution to the awful coverage in my room. Ive been disconnected about 20 times on my xbox and im furious. I need to know which are good and which are to be avoided.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:49 pm

My mates been using it and highly recommends.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

I have had one before at my German residence. Just have a list as long as your arm of devices and id rather read someones success story on here than reading a billion one star reviews. Lots of them are "I plugged it in and it didn't work and I refuse to read the instructions."