Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Dr Sin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Kimi P9, my day get's worse!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 pm

4 tyres punctured on 3 different cars in exactly the same place, Pirelli will not have the contract next season :x
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:17 pm

The loudest cheer I have ever heard for a driver stopping in a race :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Disappointed to see Hamilton doing so well. I'd hoped the puncture would put him out completely, but he lucked into a couple of very favourable safety cars. Can't imagine what McLaren and Lotus were thinking by not pitting during the final safety car. It cost Räikkönen a lot of points and McLaren all of their points.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Lewis the past 2 seasons has changed my opinion of him, he's finally growing up, but I work with a guy who knows him personally and he said that now he's with Nicole he no longer interacts with his mates, she thinks she's a super star and expects Lewis to act like 1 too

Paul DiResta today though, 22nd to 9th, a hell of a drive :o

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Kimi should've pitted during the safety car. Cost him a podium, maybe even the win.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

The McLaren animations are back YAY :woo:

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:51 pm

I like Tooned - to be fair I think Jenson enjoys doing them. I could imagine there being Tooned in the McLaren days of Mika or Kimi!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:05 am

Result didn't exactly go my way but still a great race :) would've liked to see Webber just grab the win, and really think it was stupid that raikonnen didn't pit, sometimes I swear I could make better strategy calls than those guys :lol: also some great fight backs including Di Resta, and glad to see Ricciardo doing well, would be interesting to see him as Vettel's team mate, although I do admit he wouldn't push him as much as Raikonnen.

About Hamilton, he is growing up now compared to before but he's still got a fair way to go before reaching the same level of maturity as someone like Button
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:08 am

Button has 1 thing going for him, he never became a superstar, he is still the same guy he was when he came in, and I also like how nobody has ever had a bad word to say against him on tv or magazines, people genuinelky like the guy, and I hope when he retires he comes in to commentary, because Ilove hos post race analysis aswell

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:46 am

Andy Hall wrote:Button has 1 thing going for him, he never became a superstar, he is still the same guy he was when he came in, and I also like how nobody has ever had a bad word to say against him on tv or magazines, people genuinelky like the guy, and I hope when he retires he comes in to commentary, because Ilove hos post race analysis aswell

Button is probably the only person that could replace Brundle in the commentary box.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am

There's a couple of guys who are really good, Webber is fantastic on camera, really natural, I like Paul Di Resta aswell, Hamilton sounds like he's reading a script all the time though

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:53 am

I'd love Webber to do it, he'd be fantastic! But I don't think anyone would trust him not to say anything that could be deemed "offensive" :rolleyes: :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 am

Dr Sin wrote:I'd love Webber to do it, he'd be fantastic! But I don't think anyone would trust him not to say anything that could be deemed "offensive" :rolleyes: :lol:

Yep :lol:

Although he used to do the BBC forum regularly without slipping up :yes:

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Thinking of going the young drivers test at Silverstone in July, only £15 a ticket.