Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby kanet666 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Rossi does it again! What a legend, an absolutely enthralling ride from 10th to win.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:05 am

Fjar wrote:Didn't watch the race, did he only win on tyre change tactics? Not to belittle his win, of course, I'd happily take Vettel over Hamilton as a race winner.

Can't wait for BTCC at Brands Hatch next weekend - we went to the launch at Donington, should be a really interesting season.

He was much less rough on his tyres which would be a mix of both him and the car (don't forget in 2012 and 13 tyres were THE number one factor to worry about), but also showed a lot of genuine pace regardless of what tyre he was on, and in the end won the race by over 8 seconds. It's a shame Raikonnen had some problems, so can't really tell how much of it was Vettel and how much was the car, but then again it's hard to compare as Raikonnen will be driving much better than last year because he got lazy in a car he didn't really want to drive.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Fjar wrote:Didn't watch the race, did he only win on tyre change tactics? Not to belittle his win, of course, I'd happily take Vettel over Hamilton as a race winner.

Merc screwed up on strategy. They unnecessarily used an extra set of tyres in qualifying and so didn't have a new set for the race, and they made some strange tyre choices in the race itself (possibly as a consequence of what they had available). But even so, Ferrari had genuine pace, and it wouldn't have surprised me to see Vettel win even if Merc had made optimal choices.

Like you, I'm more than happy to see Vettel win over Hamilton. Indeed, at this point, my primary goal for any F1 race is to see anyone but Hamilton win!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 pm

You've got to laugh...

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:42 pm

"Can you confirm you've received this message?"
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Ferrari's team principal went and sat in the stands when Bernie wouldn't grant his guest passes :lol: he seems like a pretty interesting team boss
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:17 pm

This is fucking brilliant, couple of Irish lads who do club rallying - this vid's got subtitles because it's one of the thickest Irish accents I've ever heard, with a few Father Ted references thrown in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30dxrwd0Kss
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon May 11, 2015 1:33 am

...and Nico is back :) no idea how Hamilton gained *so* much on Vettel in the second stint though? Unless ferrari really are that far behind again now and being in Vettel's dirty air was just that much of a problem, which would be a shit thing for the rest of the season as far as good racing goes...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon May 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Danroush wrote:...and Nico is back :) no idea how Hamilton gained *so* much on Vettel in the second stint though?

Yep. I was expecting Vettel and Hamilton to be fighting it out for second place, but in the end, Vettel was nowhere, which was a bit disappointing. Very pleased with Rosberg's race, though. He didn't put a foot wrong and Hamilton had no answer.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

I might as well add that in a few weeks I'll be competing in the first round of the FIA European Drag Racing championship at Santa Pod raceway. I'm currently the 5th quickest Briton in history. I'll be aiming to improve on that ;-)

For those of you that haven't been before, I'd struggle to describe it to you, but I can tell you that my car makes as much power as half of the F1 grid combined. It's a fantastic day out for anyone that likes motorsport. The pits are open to all, so if you do come along, feel free to wander over and say hi.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_main.php

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

If Santa Pod was closer I'd pop along, but that weekend is busy (Eurovision somewhere in the country, but still undecided where, and still swithering whether to go all the way down to Lydden for FIA World Rallycross on the Sunday).

Just realised that SP is just past Wellingborough, for some reason I thought it was down near the M4 corridor.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat May 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Just gained a solid chunk of respect for Toto Wolff after what he said to the BBC about viewings figures, insightful, articulate and fair.

What do people think about the planned changes?

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat May 23, 2015 5:58 pm

What was it he said?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat May 23, 2015 6:22 pm

siliconfury wrote:What was it he said?

Wasn't something I'd never heard before or anything but it's definitely underdiscussed. Talking about viewing figures and how people don't sit around waiting for a TV schedule these days and how on demand viewing is increasingly necessary (same reason Futurama got cancelled the second time because of live viewing figures), along with reasonable responses to some other stuff.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat May 23, 2015 6:53 pm

You can't blame the fall in F1 viewing figures because of a rise in on demand.

If it were the case, then football's viewing figures would also be falling.