Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Tet » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

It's a fantasy circuit. But the ultimate? I'm not so sure. I'd want to see turn 1 from COTA, Mirabeau and the Fairmont hairpin from Monaco, turns 12 and 13 from Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (complete with wall of champions), the Senna S from Interlagos and perhaps the corkscrew from Laguna Seca.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:16 am

Tet wrote:It's a fantasy circuit. But the ultimate? I'm not so sure. I'd want to see turn 1 from COTA, Mirabeau and the Fairmont hairpin from Monaco, turns 12 and 13 from Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (complete with wall of champions), the Senna S from Interlagos and perhaps the corkscrew from Laguna Seca.

Yeah a few people in the Facebook thread mentioned the lack of the Senna S and the corkscrew. I personally like the swimming pool section of Monaco too, but I agree with the Spa and Sarthe turns, Porsche curves are probably my favourite sequence of turns in motorsport :D

Oh also, that fantasy circuit only features tracks on the WEC calendar, hence none from Interlagos, Villeneuve or Interlagos.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:24 pm

I love Ou Rouge at Belgium, must be a thrill to drive it. Remember Webber overtaking someone there? Unbelievable!
NORTHERN DARKNESS is a printed quarterly Metal Magazine covering Black, Doom, Old School Death, Thrash, Heavy & Speed Metal. Interviews, reviews, a black metal cat comic strip and more... ISSUE 6 WILL BE OUT OCTOBER 1ST 2015

http://northerndarknessprintzine.bigcartel.com

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Good day at Buxton Raceway.

Good racing action from the 1300 saloons, GT Rods and the Bombers

Also good to see a lot of money raised for the Bosley charity.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 pm

If anyone wants to see what this drag racing lark that I keep mentioning is all about, I'd recommend a trip to Santa Pod raceway in Northants this coming weekend (3rd-6th September) for the FIA European Finals.

Sadly, I've run out of money, so I won't be racing myself. But there's a big field in most of the pro classes and it should be a great meeting.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Today was a pretty cracking race in the WEC, shame the Toyotas are still off the pace though - no way they'll get near winning the championship this year but hopefully they'll get close to some podium finishes in the rest of the season.

We're off to Lydden Hill tomorrow down in darkest Kent to watch some British Rallycross :D Shame the weather's due to be a bit pants but that should make things more interesting on the track.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Another cracking MotoGP race. The amount of people calling Rossi past it today I find bizarre considering his current large lead in the championship.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Incredible final race of the British Touring Car Championship. Shedden needing to finish 6th to win the championship, starts 20th on the grid... then only goes and finishes 4th! Intense stuff. Could barely breathe. Never felt like that during a F1 race.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Fjar wrote:Incredible final race of the British Touring Car Championship. Shedden needing to finish 6th to win the championship, starts 20th on the grid... then only goes and finishes 4th! Intense stuff. Could barely breathe. Never felt like that during a F1 race.

Sounds like a good watch, never got into the BTCC myself. F1 is a complete non-sport these days though.

Another enthralling MotoGP race too. Looked like Lorenzo was off into the distance but failed to manage his tyres and blew it and allowed Rossi to increase his slim Championship lead. Typically he then went to blame the weather as if no one else was racing in the same conditions.

3 races left, 18 points between Lorenzo and Rossi. I personally will be gutted if Lorenzo comes back to take this.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:00 pm

What's happened to Marquez?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm

For the first half of the season he struggled on a new chassis and couldn't compete with the Yamaha's or even the Ducati's for large periods. Then he switched back to the old chassis and started to compete better but it was already far too late. Recently he's just been going for wins and has crashed a few times pushing too hard.

He'll be back in contention next season I imagine, I think he will learn a lot more from this year than he has the past two.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am

Wow, I liked Marc Marquez up until this weekend, but today proved just what a little snake he is. Clearly slowed down allowing Lorenzo to pass before deliberately dueling with Rossi, and then seemed to force contact causing Rossi to kick out slightly, knocking him off.

This wouldn't be much of an issue had it not forced Rossi to start from the back of the grid in the final race, pretty much gifting Lorenzo the title. Can't stand Lorenzo, and Marc has been riding dirty to seemingly back him up is disgusting.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:41 pm

I can't fault Hamilton for winning the title this year. Last year was pretty close, but this year he's simply been the better driver than Rosberg. But having watched the replays of the turn 1 incident, he's confirmed himself as being a massive cock. He made no attempt to turn or to take the racing line. He deliberately ran Rosberg off the track. At any point in the race other than the first lap, the stewards would have looked at that and probably given him a penalty. He may be a fantastic driver, but he goes out of his way to make himself unlikeable and is very successful at that.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Tet wrote:I can't fault Hamilton for winning the title this year. Last year was pretty close, but this year he's simply been the better driver than Rosberg. But having watched the replays of the turn 1 incident, he's confirmed himself as being a massive cock. He made no attempt to turn or to take the racing line. He deliberately ran Rosberg off the track. At any point in the race other than the first lap, the stewards would have looked at that and probably given him a penalty. He may be a fantastic driver, but he goes out of his way to make himself unlikeable and is very successful at that.

Well put. Also to Kane, F1 is being suprisingly exciting further down the field, and this last race in Texas was absolutely brilliant, constant changes up and down the field, including 4 different potential winners at different points in the race.

Hungary and Silverstone were both great this year too.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:46 pm

New Ferrari 488 GTE looks pretty fucking mean - http://www.motorsport.com/ferrari/photo ... oft=48&p=2