Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Danroush
Denim Demon

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Vettell proved what he's about the other race, at least guys like Hamilton are subtle about it :lol:

Hamilton, subtle? :lol:

I direct you to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOtHoI8Afx0

He drove into the side of Massa's car from behind, then blamed Massa for "turning into" him. Massa's only other option at the hairpin would have been to drive straight into the wall :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dr Sin » Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Don't get me started on Hamilton...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Dr Sin wrote:Don't get me started on Hamilton...

Go on...? :shy:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Danroush wrote:
Dr Sin wrote:Don't get me started on Hamilton...

Go on...? :shy:

I just don't like him. He seems full of himself (he did at McLaren, doesn't seem too bad at Merc... YET!). I don't think it helps that both Sky and BBC are obsessed with him and he can do no wrong and is the second coming of Jesus in their eyes.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I think Hamilton is playing the master manipulator at the moment, being the good guy and not pushing to be the man, his best way of getting what he wants is to be seen as the good guy, not being moody etc, you watch he'll be running that team in a few seasons and Rosberg will be gone

He's no mug this season he'll be the nice guy of driving off the track, pally with everyone etc, and eventually he'll be the man at Mercedes
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Dr Sin

Postby Dr Sin » Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Brawn starts calling them Michael and Rubens. :D

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I think Hamilton is playing the master manipulator at the moment, being the good guy and not pushing to be the man, his best way of getting what he wants is to be seen as the good guy, not being moody etc, you watch he'll be running that team in a few seasons and Rosberg will be gone

He's no mug this season he'll be the nice guy of driving off the track, pally with everyone etc, and eventually he'll be the man at Mercedes

He does seem to be growing up a bit, hopefully it's less malevolent than you're claiming and he's just a bit more content with what he's doing rather than blaming others for his problems.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 01, 2013 9:45 pm

yeah I noticed last season he seemed more mature in the ay he carried himself , so maybe i'm being cynical, and Lewis is just growing up
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 pm

I do hope so, I was so sick of him in 2011 when he was constantly bitching about the car (whilst Button was doing fine with the same car) and crashing into Massa, he's a breath of fresh air in comparison now

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 01, 2013 10:02 pm

I think his main problem is that he's been bought the man since he was a kid, he's certainly not had the same upbringing as most, so it's obviously taken him some time to be, well more normal :lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 10:06 pm

Exactly, he was just very full of himself, possibly due to his upbringing, which I didn't like, I mean no one likes to be distracted before a race, but drivers all still talk to the press before as is common courtesy, except for Hamilton who refused to do any pre race interviews in his first season, whereas now he doesn't act in the same way.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 pm

Danroush wrote:Exactly, he was just very full of himself, possibly due to his upbringing, which I didn't like, I mean no one likes to be distracted before a race, but drivers all still talk to the press before as is common courtesy, except for Hamilton who refused to do any pre race interviews in his first season, whereas now he doesn't act in the same way.

It must be hard for the drivers though, especially on the grid 20 minutes before race, I have to admit I do wish they'd give these guys more time to themselves a bit, you see some camera crews swarming around like vultures, and the mechanics must get really pissed off with it

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Danroush wrote:Exactly, he was just very full of himself, possibly due to his upbringing, which I didn't like, I mean no one likes to be distracted before a race, but drivers all still talk to the press before as is common courtesy, except for Hamilton who refused to do any pre race interviews in his first season, whereas now he doesn't act in the same way.

It must be hard for the drivers though, especially on the grid 20 minutes before race, I have to admit I do wish they'd give these guys more time to themselves a bit, you see some camera crews swarming around like vultures, and the mechanics must get really pissed off with it

Oh I understand that, but when all the other drivers man up and deal with it, Hamilton decided he was too important to deal with the press and refused to talk to them.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed May 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Ever think that maybe he felt he couldn't deal with them all during his first season? Remember that he was just 22 years old when he first started in F1 and the media coverage of him as "the first black F1 driver", "the new British hope" and "the kid that was born to be World Champion" etc etc was significantly higher for him than I remember for any other 'new' driver coming into F1... most drivers in their first season are lucky to get more than a couple of interviews a year, and even then it will be from their home country's broadcaster whereas he was constantly surrounded by crews from all over the world!

Some people just aren't comfortable with the pre-race interviews when they're trying to get "into the zone" or with having a mic stuck in their face as soon as they've switched the engine off! The likes of Mika Hakkinen etc used to get called 'rude' and 'lacking in personality' because they gave one word answers in those interviews but, to me, they were clearly just uncomfortable with them and giving that kind of interview was their way of dealing with them. Lewis I think has just grown up a bit and become more confident in his ability to deal with those situations...

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 pm

To be fair Hakinnen is just a rude arsehole and he makes no bones about not being interested with the press and is rude because he hopes nobody will interview him if he is, and yeah he is the most dull man in F1 vocally :lol:

I hope he never becomes a pundit