The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Moonburp
Denim Demon

Re: The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Postby Moonburp » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 pm

MetalBeast wrote:I wonder how much protein was in Arnie's Steak & Egger sandwich.

That's good protien.

Approximately 4,800g if their 75,000 calorie measurement was accurate.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue May 06, 2014 8:59 pm

Went to the gym for the first time in two years today. Glad I finally rejoined, though I'm fucking knackered. That post-workout shower was the greatest bit though - those endorphins were amazing.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Talking of showers, the post leg day shower is my favourite thing ever.

That combination of satisfaction at a job well done and heart gripping terror that they're about to give out and you're gonna go arse over tits in the bath.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sat May 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Back on the weighted squats after years of physio for a patella dislocation and ligament damage. I have to admit, I missed the feeling of your quads being on fire. Also been using my weighted vest which has definitely been a worthwhile purchase.

Out of interest, what sort of workout music do people listen to? Strangely enough, I always stick to classical and 90's dance music. Cannot listen to Metal at all while working out.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Sat May 10, 2014 4:48 pm

I usually make a playlist of fast metal songs in the same tempo for the treadmill, I try not to look at distance travelled/ time etc until the end of a song (so some songs destroy me)
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat May 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Bisset wrote:I usually make a playlist of fast metal songs in the same tempo for the treadmill, I try not to look at distance travelled/ time etc until the end of a song (so some songs destroy me)

Gamma Ray's Armageddon on the Cross Trainer is awesome.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun May 11, 2014 9:15 am

Andrew W. K.'s I Get Wet is the only work out album anyone needs.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 am

I'm using a generic as fuck "GET PUMPED UP" compilation album off piratebay.

It begins with Eye of the Tiger.

It actually works.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 pm

florencethemachine wrote:Back on the weighted squats after years of physio for a patella dislocation and ligament damage. I have to admit, I missed the feeling of your quads being on fire. Also been using my weighted vest which has definitely been a worthwhile purchase.

Out of interest, what sort of workout music do people listen to? Strangely enough, I always stick to classical and 90's dance music. Cannot listen to Metal at all while working out.

I've been thinking of getting one of these for going running, anywhere you recommend getting one from?

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon May 12, 2014 8:06 am

Moonburp wrote:
Bisset wrote:I usually make a playlist of fast metal songs in the same tempo for the treadmill, I try not to look at distance travelled/ time etc until the end of a song (so some songs destroy me)

Gamma Ray's Armageddon on the Cross Trainer is awesome.

Anywhere in the Galaxy for the treadmill ;)
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon May 12, 2014 8:10 am

My Aqua beat is full of Flight 666 and then cheese like The safety dance, we built this city and rock me Amadeus.

There have been days when I have been ready to call it a day and a few good songs come on and before you know it you have managed an additional 30 mins.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Mon May 12, 2014 10:24 am

metalsam wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:Back on the weighted squats after years of physio for a patella dislocation and ligament damage. I have to admit, I missed the feeling of your quads being on fire. Also been using my weighted vest which has definitely been a worthwhile purchase.

I've been thinking of getting one of these for going running, anywhere you recommend getting one from?

I got the Matt Roberts weighted vest from Argos. I believe it was part of some new years fitness sale because the price has jumped up from £25 to £40. You get removable weights which equate to 10kg and it has loads off pockets if you want to distribute the weight more or less evenly.

It is great for running because it is a really snug fit and doesn't add any unnecessary strain on your joints like running with a backpack does.

I would definitely recommend, but there perhaps may be a cheaper alternative to Argos now the sale has expired.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon May 12, 2014 9:23 pm

florencethemachine wrote:
metalsam wrote:

I got the Matt Roberts weighted vest from Argos. I believe it was part of some new years fitness sale because the price has jumped up from £25 to £40. You get removable weights which equate to 10kg and it has loads off pockets if you want to distribute the weight more or less evenly.

It is great for running because it is a really snug fit and doesn't add any unnecessary strain on your joints like running with a backpack does.

I would definitely recommend, but there perhaps may be a cheaper alternative to Argos now the sale has expired.

Cool, I'll check that out! I wanted it for running and pullups (the 6kg diving belt isn't heavy enough for pullups any more >.> )

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 13, 2014 5:31 am

metalsam wrote:
Cool, I'll check that out! I wanted it for running and pullups (the 6kg diving belt isn't heavy enough for pullups any more >.> )

dat humblebrag doe.

anyone got a good place for buying weight plates?

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am

I think it's a god achievement :P

Amazon!