The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Re: The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Postby De Stijl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Fapping is the only necessary exercise.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:11 pm

My exercise is fairly sporadic, it always happens in bursts. When it does happen though it's a mix of push ups, planking, crunches, that kind of thing, and some light weights. I'm hoping to start swimming soon, but I need to wait for these damn colds to go away.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Quintiles do the 'Quintinational' which is basically loads of 5 a side teams from offices across Europe.

The men got really really competitive the Paris office had a ringer, One of the offices brought a band with them and one of the teams brought a cheerleader squad (which was actually just their woman's team).

We hired out the Majeski training dome and it was carnage. I was in our Biostats girls team (Bad Biostat Badgers of Bracknell 8) - Goalie of course 8) ) .

Us girls were just as bad to be honest we had a 'friendly disagreement with one of the teams we played with which resulted in a bit of a scuffle.

The guy that use to organize it was actually from our department and did a bloody good job he managed to get about 30 teams from across Europe to give up their weekend and fly over to Reading, he got funding from the powers that be and it was excellent, then management started getting involved and wanted to make it an actual official company thing and it wasn't as good after that.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Ndnd wrote:then management started getting involved and wanted to make it an actual official company thing and it wasn't as good after that.

The rest of that sentence was already implied after the first 5 words. Sadly I've seen that happen far too often.

I'm another one in the "I hated PE at school" camp. Mine wasn't the sort of school where you'd be able to get away with skipping it, but yeah, I didn't much like it. Maybe it's different now, but back then PE teachers were of the sort that didn't believe in physical differences and felt that everyone should be sporty. Similarly there was a moron on Radio 4 the other day that was insisting "anyone can run". Well, no.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Ghost wrote:I think people's Abs photo should be compulsory in this thread ha ha.

Weren't we having a similar discussion in the Relationships thread? I do love my six pack, shame I'm probably going to lose it.

I swim a lot and nearing the level where I can swim competitively hopefully. Already part of the Lancaster swimming team. Used to weightlift until I realised that I never actually enjoyed it. Had a problem with over-exercise but I've been learning to deal with that among other things.

Also played football last year until I noted that the entire team were a bunch of cunts :P

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm too soft, pudgy and uncompetitive for team sports, so I used to practise Judo when I was in school. Sadly I stopped a few years ago.

I'm considering trying to take up some form of exercisey sport in College next year though, as I was far too lazy this year. :P
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Used to play football but stopped enjoying it and I never really fitted in with the team. I now skate for the Wirral Whipiteres Roller Derby league.

Doesn't feel like exercise, I turn up twice a week, have a laugh and a great time for 2 hours before going home shattered and wondering why my muscles ache like mad. :lol: :lol:

I feel I'm getting fitter and stronger with it and I'm also getting more confident due to the social side of things. It is like a family at times, cliche but true.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 pm

I try my best to stay in shape.

What? Round is a shape! :P :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think people's Abs photo should be compulsory in this thread ha ha.

Weren't we having a similar discussion in the Relationships thread? I do love my six pack, shame I'm probably going to lose it.

:P

Not with me. I'm too married to go in that thread.

I like your six pack too :eyes: ............................. :lol:

I've been doing weights twice a week for almost 20 years. It's taken me a long time to build muscle tone and it's not like people would notice because I naturally have a slight build. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Been trying my best to go to the gym three-four times a week, and been keeping it up pretty well for about eight or so months. Luckily a pretty cheap gym opened near me, which made this possible.

While there is still more I want to achieve, I'm pretty pleased with my progress. Lost quite a bit of pudge, and am toning up nicely around the stomach area. Also generally getting more toned and muscular.

Fairly recent progress pic: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9066_n.jpg

(Linked due to image size)

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Fairly recent progress pic: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9066_n.jpg

(Linked due to image size)

Do you have a permit for those guns?

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Your arms look really good!

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Awesome!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Phwoar. Hello :love:
Your arms. I want them.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Speaking of fitness: as of today I can do 3 pull ups 8) I remember when doing a push up seemed impossible...