The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Joined a gym the other week. Strangely enjoying going as well.

Does anybody follow any online program or anything for what weights to use etc? I'm like a kid in a sweet shop and I haven't got the foggiest :lol: :lol:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:27 pm

I don't use an online program, but this is a good guide to what exercises you can do to work x muscles. As a starting point, anyway.

http://www.coopersguns.com/videos/exerc ... yclopedia/

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:19 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I don't use an online program, but this is a good guide to what exercises you can do to work x muscles. As a starting point, anyway.

http://www.coopersguns.com/videos/exerc ... yclopedia/

Cheers dude :)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Ugh, had to get ill the day I planned on going back. Would have been packed with resolution-ers, I guess.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:49 pm

I am signing up to the gym this weekend. Not going to my old one. A closer one, same price with a swimming pool thrown in for good measure. All the stuff I like...sauna, steam room some other shit. Kinda hope they open early-ish on Saturday mornings, I want to get in and gone before the weekend twats and body beautifuls arrive.

Yeah I am pretty stoked about this. I really enjoyed when I was in the gym the last time, wasn't really about seeing results it was more about the way I felt coming out of the place i.e. much better than the way I feel at the moment.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 pm

:yes:

I went to the gym for the first time in weeks this evening. Gonna have to start using the weekend if I'm gonna be working late at the new job all the time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:06 am

Well I am signed up. Going to book my induction for hopefully next Monday. Going to go swimming on Sunday. Bit miffed the gyms opening hours are 8am-6pm over weekends. Be better if it was 6am-10pm like my old gym but whatevs ill be there at 8am.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Genuinely been flirting on and off ith reaching a 6-pack lately. Moving back to building muscle for a month or 2 then going all out toning for the summer. :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Combination of four hours sleep and the hour and a bit in the gym. I feel a little stoned. Feels good.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Danroush wrote:Genuinely been flirting on and off with reaching a 6-pack lately. Moving back to building muscle for a month or 2 then going all out toning for the summer. :)

Smashing personal bests all over the place. Gone from max 3-rep at 75 to 5 repping 85kg for Bench press, max 1 rep at 110 to two at 125kg for deadlift and gonna 5-rep squat (ass to grass) 65kg tomorrow.

Oh and yes I know those numbers aren't *that* big, then you realise I only weigh 66kg myself :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:20 am

Been hitting the fitnessa nd diet since just after Christmas and quite happy with some results, not with others.

General fitness is on the rise, my diet is a lot healtheir, alcohol is at a minimum (couple of pints on a Friday) and I'm upping my weights/going running throughout the day as well as a gym warm up. My arms, shoulders and chest are all getting back to where they were (beefcaaaaake) but annoyingly enough my weight, and body fat, doesn't appear to be dropping. My stomach is still the central deposit of fat for me, I'm hoping it's just because that's the last palce fat goes from and that weight loss in other areas is showing off my belleh.

Or Something.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:42 am

My wife and daughter are quite keen runners and I got talked in to doing a 5K run with them on Saturday. My legs are bloody killing me now. :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:03 am

Got myself back into a position where I can't wait until I go to the gym again. Im doing cardio at the moment, I am up and down weight wise, no real change but I just feel better generally, thats what I am getting addicted to.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun May 15, 2016 1:21 pm

I do love graphs and stats, tracking my weight and seeing it shoot down and then shoot right up after finding work again.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:01 am

Decided to not do the 10k in Glasgow in October and have instead opted for the half marathon. Training seems to be going well so far and my diet is (mostly) doing well. Been off the booze for a whole week now (Shock I know) and feeling much better for it.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.