The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: The Health 'n' Fitness Thread

Postby Fjar » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Biceps and glutes are looking more pumped since starting on the rowing machine. Hamstrings feel functional again. After a much-too-long fitness hiatus, various bits are starting to remember what work feels like.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm going to make more of a habit of having a coffee about an hour prior to the gym. I'm especially caffeine sensitive so I've been avoiding coffee altogether for nearly a year now, but if I time it right, getting wired is just the best thing. I just achieve more and make fewer excuses.

Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Brendancoles » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:46 am

Finally back in the gym this last week after a 3 month hiatus due to breaking my leg. It feels so good but oh my I am so out of shape (not that I was ever in good shape).

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:01 am

Been eating so much healtheir than I was before (I wasn't exactly unhealthy but hey) and hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Down to 16.8% body fat while maintaining my weight so chuffed at that. Booking a couple of sessions with a PT to give me an extra push.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Still rowing. I don't measure my BF% but I feel slightly leaner. I need dis.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Anyone have any experience in coming off of citalopram? Having some pretty bad withdrawals right now and it'd be helpful if I could chat to anyone about it!
Thankfully they're only physical symptoms, not mental, but they still fucking suck.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:54 am

peypea wrote:Anyone have any experience in coming off of citalopram? Having some pretty bad withdrawals right now and it'd be helpful if I could chat to anyone about it!
Thankfully they're only physical symptoms, not mental, but they still fucking suck.

Right here. I did the silly thing and went cold turkey which I wouldn't advise. I came off Citilopram 20 and I remember everything tasting and generally feeling "fuzzy", like your senses and general body was numb. I seem to remember using the phrase "space cadet" a lot.

Ask away and PM if you want :)

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Getting my gym induction today. Figured I should be doing something to keep myself in shape while I'm enjoying my unemployment.

Had to go out and buy trainers and jogging trousers though, since I didn't own any.

Currently eating a healthy breakfast of porridge with banana and blueberries too, instead of my usual nothing. Lets see how long this good behaviour lasts.. 8D
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Bisset wrote:
peypea wrote:Anyone have any experience in coming off of citalopram? Having some pretty bad withdrawals right now and it'd be helpful if I could chat to anyone about it!

Right here. I did the silly thing and went cold turkey which I wouldn't advise. I came off Citilopram 20 and I remember everything tasting and generally feeling "fuzzy", like your senses and general body was numb. I seem to remember using the phrase "space cadet" a lot.

Ask away and PM if you want :)

Oh crikey. I spoke to my doctor about it and I'm weaning off slowly. Only been on them around a year but I'm definitely getting the space cadet feelings. Also horrendous intense nausea. No mood changes at least which is good.
Can I ask how long did the space cadet feelings last for, for you? I'm eager to stop feeling like this as it's not great...
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Ah how could I forget the nausea? Yeah that was a killer as well.

It was maybe a week or two of feeling like a space cadet, the nausea left after about a week or so, same for headaches etc. Basically you're going through withdrawl when you start coming off them so your body isn't used to it. Sounds like you're doing the right thing seeing your doctor and weaning yourself off them though! :D

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Turns out the gym I was going into is awful, I had a mate that used to be a member and she said she went once and hated it. So I am not bothering with that. I was quoted when I cancelled my gym a tenner saving if I stayed, I am going to pop in and find out if that's still on the table! It's still a cool gym, so yeah I might cancel the cancellation!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:22 pm

My thumb was snapped back during football by a powerful shot that hit me awkwardly (goalkeeper, made a diving save), and now 9 weeks later I still can't lift any weight with that hand.

Fucking sucks :(

I am doing a lot of ab work at the moment though, silver linings I guess...
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Ouch!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Update: been for X-ray, so let's see what's going on in there. In the meantime, abs looking toned and near 6-pack ish...except it's now christmas time so bye bye abs :/
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:35 pm

I seem to have chubbed out round the middle ever so slightly over the Christmas period. Or I wasn't as defined round the middle as I thought. Guess I have my work cut out for me.