What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby peypea » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Drawing again. And I'm not as shit as I thought I'd be. Guess I haven't completely lost my skill!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Double post but IDGAF. Managed to get out of the house for about two hours today, and I'm in no pain like the other day. And I got a chilli plant. :D

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Went to Thinktank in Birmingham. Didn't realise how kiddy it was. The only bit I did enjoy was looking at the locomotive and few war era motorcycles in the bottom part. Quite disappointed with it, but it did kill 3 hours (5 if you include watching Ice Age 4 on the massive screen also in the complex).

Tonight I am going around a mates house to participate in banter and Jagers.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Turbo wrote:Went to Thinktank in Birmingham. Didn't realise how kiddy it was. The only bit I did enjoy was looking at the locomotive and few war era motorcycles in the bottom part. Quite disappointed with it, but it did kill 3 hours (5 if you include watching Ice Age 4 on the massive screen also in the complex).

I felt exactly the same about the Think Tank, it's as if they think adults aren't interested in learning anything, so gear everything to kids. It was all very basic too, nothing really that you wouldn't have picked up in GCSE lessons.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:46 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
Turbo wrote:Went to Thinktank in Birmingham. Didn't realise how kiddy it was. The only bit I did enjoy was looking at the locomotive and few war era motorcycles in the bottom part. Quite disappointed with it, but it did kill 3 hours (5 if you include watching Ice Age 4 on the massive screen also in the complex).

I felt exactly the same about the Think Tank, it's as if they think adults aren't interested in learning anything, so gear everything to kids. It was all very basic too, nothing really that you wouldn't have picked up in GCSE lessons.

...or Horrible Science, but yeah I couldn't agree more. A 50/50 split with kids/adults would have been great, but I felt the only thing that was there for adults was the lowest tier with all the old vehicles, but even down there, there were plenty of things kids could do or explore. Nothing worst than being chased around a museum by miserable fucking kids who got tore away from playing on the ball pit with the digger to be entertained with the machine that plays drums. Life is such a shit for children.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:02 pm

I haven't been to Thinktank but I believe it's essentially the same as the old Science and Industrial Museum. Brilliant place to go to as a kid twenty years ago but I can't recall it having anything that would interest me as an adult.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

off to the flicks
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Canada flights booked! Oh lord I'm poor :lol:

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 am

Given the broken foot, i am pleased that I managed to make 2 of the 3 bloodstock days,. Discretion being the better part of valour.....and the fact that the bruising on my foot has now gone black, I felt that it was time to come home. now to spend the rest of the day watching the live stream and listening to the ludicrous amount of CDs that I purchased :D
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 pm

The scab is coming off the incision of its own accord, and it looks like my scar isn't going to be much bigger than it was at all! Just a little thicker.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:12 pm

I think they've fixed the sound issue with the live stream now. Just been watching Anvil and the Toms ov death seem to have been turned down a bit.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm so excited for the Spice Girls being in the closing ceremony that I should be ashamed BUT I'M NOT.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I just bought SO MUCH fun stuff for cake decorating. Plus i've decided i'm going to try and get work experience in a Hummingbird Bakery while i'm living in London. Making cupcakes for a job sounds AMAZING.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Omg if you do I'm going to come have SO MANY CUPCAKES. I love Hummingbird Bakery.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm

peypea wrote:I'm so excited for the Spice Girls being in the closing ceremony that I should be ashamed BUT I'M NOT.

Well, it's nice that someone in the world is looking forward to it! I got complained to by countless people at work today that they would be playing. I have to agree.