What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Billingshurst, West Sussex.
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Imperanonn » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Meeting a load of people off here for the first time along with catching up with some others, good to see you all!
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Image

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

That reminds me - Tim (V-Man) got us a mini box of chocs for our anniversary :D Cheers Tim!
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby jamestomo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Bloodstock was amazing! Banter was hilarious :lol:

User avatar
V-Man
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby V-Man » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:49 pm

siliconfury wrote:That reminds me - Tim (V-Man) got us a mini box of chocs for our anniversary :D Cheers Tim!


No worries :lol: it was great to see you guys
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:08 pm

V-Man wrote:
siliconfury wrote:That reminds me - Tim (V-Man) got us a mini box of chocs for our anniversary :D Cheers Tim!


No worries :lol: it was great to see you guys


Likewise. :D
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Nantha
Denim Demon
Posts: 9269
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Nantha » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 pm

By sheer craftyness I managed to get on nearly every rollercoaster at Thorpe Park today via the fast track lanes which saved me several hours of queuing, also I have a free ticket back there which is valid until mid October. Also had a great time :yes:

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Harry Potter boxset for £30.00 with guaranteed delivery by 1pm on Wednesday.

That's me sorted on Wednesday when I've got to stay in bed! :D
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Littlemissmetal wrote:Harry Potter boxset for £30.00 with guaranteed delivery by 1pm on Wednesday.

That's me sorted on Wednesday when I've got to stay in bed! :D


That actually sounds awesome. :D Hope it does the job in making you feel better. :)
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Fjar wrote:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Harry Potter boxset for £30.00 with guaranteed delivery by 1pm on Wednesday.

That's me sorted on Wednesday when I've got to stay in bed! :D


That actually sounds awesome. :D Hope it does the job in making you feel better. :)


That reminds me.

Who remembers those CD changers you got in hi-fis, where you could put in 3 or 5 CDs to change over automatically? Why doesn't someone make a DVD/Blu-Ray version of those? Boxed set of some TV series and you're sorted for hours.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!
Posts: 4314
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 am

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Brilliant weekend, with great company & I won a tidy some on Olympics betting.






Just bought BOA 2013 tickets :hairbang:

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Chinese, Chocolate, Champagne & Charlotte.

Evening has been full of 'CH'.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jobdone » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:52 pm

siliconfury wrote:Who remembers those CD changers you got in hi-fis, where you could put in 3 or 5 CDs to change over automatically? Why doesn't someone make a DVD/Blu-Ray version of those? Boxed set of some TV series and you're sorted for hours.


...

Why doesnt' someone do this?

My brother had one for CDs it was awesome.
Image

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Being back home.

But needless to say, BOA was amazing. It was amazing seeing all of you :3
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

User avatar
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Littlemissmetal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:51 am

It was nice to meet you too Jim :)

WHMMHT: Blitzing through job applications. The depressing thing is knowing the likelihood of not hearing anything purely due to application volume before anything else. Ah well, fingers crossed.
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.



Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

User avatar
PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2813
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Sileby
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby PhilMow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:12 am

Well what an end to an amazing few days.
Wednesday - got married!!
Thursday - opened our presents and cards and to be completely blown away by the generosity of our loved ones. Then headed over to Derby and checked into our hotel and had one of the best meals ever. Their restaurant is incredible. Omnomnomnomnom.
Friday - Sunday attended the best fest I've ever been to. Bumped into a few of the folk from here. Nice to meet you.
Monday - bought some more stuff for the house and put some furniture in.
Today - back to work and our first night in our house.


And relax......................
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]