What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Otters.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm

I love how he just looks up like "What the fuck is this these don't fit"

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:41 pm

I managed to put the stresses I was on about in the Pissed off thread aside for a moment and looked at the big picture : I'm going back to University and I'm getting far more help this time than the last. My course has very very good feedback from students and I'm going to have a completely new lease of life in a matter of weeks.

I'M TRYING TO BE POSITIVE DAMMIT.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I managed to put the stresses I was on about in the Pissed off thread aside for a moment and looked at the big picture : I'm going back to University and I'm getting far more help this time than the last. My course has very very good feedback from students and I'm going to have a completely new lease of life in a matter of weeks.

I'M TRYING TO BE POSITIVE DAMMIT.

Moving on and taking a more positive step for yourself is hard, but it's just mind over matter. It's all gonna be awesome. :yes:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Cheers for that. :)

Also Fjar's otters in her sig made me smile :yes:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Time for pizza and B movies :D
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Interview actually went well.

The guy was relaxed and nice which made me relaxed and I could articulate all the shit I wanted to say.

apparently he's calling with the answer tomorrow.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Was on the stationary bike for a whole hour tonight, without any breaks like I would have had every ten minutes a couple of weeks ago. Feels good, man.

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 pm

^ Your sig is just immense!!

Have you seen the clip of the Koala getting into the canoe?
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Fjar wrote:Was on the stationary bike for a whole hour tonight, without any breaks like I would have had every ten minutes a couple of weeks ago. Feels good, man.

If you ever feel like starting cycling around more on an actual bike I'm looking for someone to get back into cycling with, I've only cycled a few times this year (not including the gym bike) yet before I was doing regular 20 mile rides multiple times a week, or even 70 miles in one day a few times. That's only if you can stand being around me though ofc :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Danroush wrote:
Fjar wrote:Was on the stationary bike for a whole hour tonight, without any breaks like I would have had every ten minutes a couple of weeks ago. Feels good, man.

If you ever feel like starting cycling around more on an actual bike I'm looking for someone to get back into cycling with, I've only cycled a few times this year (not including the gym bike) yet before I was doing regular 20 mile rides multiple times a week, or even 70 miles in one day a few times. That's only if you can stand being around me though ofc :P

Yeah, I am trying to get into cycling on a bike, the main things holding me back are lack of decent routes to follow (specifically ones that avoid traffic - dammit I hate cars) and lack of someone to ride with. I work with a guy who has been advising me on bike things and joining me on really small rides, but he's in Alfreton, so it's a bit out of the way for him to keep coming out.

If you know of any nice 15-20mi routes around here, I'd be grateful to hear about them and join you!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Fjar wrote:
Danroush wrote:

Yeah, I am trying to get into cycling on a bike, the main things holding me back are lack of decent routes to follow (specifically ones that avoid traffic - dammit I hate cars) and lack of someone to ride with. I work with a guy who has been advising me on bike things and joining me on really small rides, but he's in Alfreton, so it's a bit out of the way for him to keep coming out.

If you know of any nice 15-20mi routes around here, I'd be grateful to hear about them! :lol:

Personally I know a lot more about south of nottingham as I've lived there about 15 years, but I'm moving to just next to jubilee campus, which isn't to far from the area you live in I think, where is it you live again? But yeah will definitely be taking my bike and then checking out all available routes in the area. I tend to do road paths but ones without too much traffic at all, and yeah I know a fair bit about bikes so can help with that kind of thing too :)

EDIT: feel free to PM instead of taking over the thread :P
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Imperanonn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 am

Looks like today is going to be another Borderlands split screen session with my sister. God going to uni is going to be such a change. :lol:
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Managed to get a swap on my uni accommodation, providing all goes through as discussed on the phone I'll be saving almost £2000 (ok, admittedly I'm switching from catered to self-catered, but that's what I wanted). Result! :D
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Can't beat a bit of side boob.
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01