What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 pm

For good?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Work have accidentally overpaid me for the last 3 months. They've decided it's easier to just let me keep it. It's not a massive amount, but every little helps.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Turbo wrote:For good?

Well, as in for a minimum of 6 months as per the usual shorthold tenancy agreement you get in Bristol. Gotta wait for this guy to send me some deetz so I can set shit up with the landlord.

Being able to reduce my walk to work by 15-20 minutes is gonna be so sweet. In an ideal world I'd be right in Cotham/Clifton where half my mates are but that's really not cheap unless you want a ratty single-glazed bedsit with communal loos etc. Perhaps when I'm really earning I'll be able to gravitate closer to those parts (unless I decide to move to a new city), but where I'll be after this move, heading out on the piss isn't gonna be some massive shoe-destroying quest anymore and that's a start.

Y'know what, I completely forgot where we went last time you were in Bristol. I know we started off at the spoons in town but can't think where for the life of me we went after that. I can't actually explicitly recall us being at the Hatchet or Gryphon...

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm

The Last Spire just arrived!
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed May 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Stolen the Sarge from his cage on sat on balcony with him eating blueberries, watermelon and Passionfruit... well i am he is chewing our neighbours bike... :/
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Ndnd wrote:Stolen the Sarge from his cage on sat on balcony with him eating blueberries, watermelon and Passionfruit... well i am he is chewing our neighbours bike... :/

I read everything after 'I am he' as if it was Moonchild :lol:
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Ndnd wrote:Stolen the Sarge from his cage on sat on balcony with him eating blueberries, watermelon and Passionfruit... well i am he is chewing our neighbours bike... :/

I read everything after 'I am he' as if it was Moonchild :lol:

:rofl:

WMMHT - Second Interview next Friday, fuck yes!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed May 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Went to the Salutation and met with a load of people not seen for months, drank Leveller ale and ate cake.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed May 01, 2013 6:04 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
Y'know what, I completely forgot where we went last time you were in Bristol. I know we started off at the spoons in town but can't think where for the life of me we went after that. I can't actually explicitly recall us being at the Hatchet or Gryphon...

We went to the Hatchet, and decided to call in on the Gryphon on the way back but they were 'closed.' Actually what had happened is we walked in on a lock in and they forgot to lock the door, so yeah, there were a load of what I imagine to be usuals sitting around the bar being as quiet as possible :lol: . I love both pubs, I think they're ace.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 pm

JrHunter wrote:If all goes to plan I have a busy week of photographing gigs

Enter Shikari today
Lantern for a Gale on Thursday
Saxon on Friday
Lordi on Saturday
Devin on Sunday

Then ASIWYFA on the 11th

I almost feel like I should find something for Wednesday to fill the gap :lol:

Do you stalk ASIWYFA? I swear every time you mention photography it involves them :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Danroush wrote:
JrHunter wrote:If all goes to plan I have a busy week of photographing gigs

Enter Shikari today
Lantern for a Gale on Thursday
Saxon on Friday
Lordi on Saturday
Devin on Sunday

Then ASIWYFA on the 11th

I almost feel like I should find something for Wednesday to fill the gap :lol:

Do you stalk ASIWYFA? I swear every time you mention photography it involves them :lol:

Hardly, considering they are friends and they haven't played here since December.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:03 pm

I went cycling with my mum in the sun :D It's annoying that she's so much fitter than me considering she's almost 50 and I'm almost 20, but it helps me push myself at least.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Got some feedback from a coach on the roller derby team (Sorry; I know Im turning into Amy here). I am apparently coming on really well and a positive influence to rest of the training group.

Nice ego boost there!
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed May 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Turbo wrote:We went to the Hatchet, and decided to call in on the Gryphon on the way back but they were 'closed.' Actually what had happened is we walked in on a lock in and they forgot to lock the door, so yeah, there were a load of what I imagine to be usuals sitting around the bar being as quiet as possible :lol: . I love both pubs, I think they're ace.

I keep missing the burger weeks they have, only caught it once or twice. The Sunday roasts are fucking brilliant, spot on with the flavours.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
Turbo wrote:We went to the Hatchet, and decided to call in on the Gryphon on the way back but they were 'closed.' Actually what had happened is we walked in on a lock in and they forgot to lock the door, so yeah, there were a load of what I imagine to be usuals sitting around the bar being as quiet as possible :lol: . I love both pubs, I think they're ace.

I keep missing the burger weeks they have, only caught it once or twice. The Sunday roasts are fucking brilliant, spot on with the flavours.

Why I think Birmingham is a dead city. We have Scruffies and the best thing you can get in there is an STI off a toilet seat. Provided you can find a toilet seat that is, the last time I was in there, someone had stolen that.