What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Womble
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Womble » Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm

4725-7981-8053

Added you both. Prepare for dongs!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 am

Finished my first accordion repair.

1 loose reedplate on the treble side: Rewaxed into place.
1 loose reedplate on the bass side: Rewaxed into place.
1 cracked reed on the treble side: Found replacement reedplate. New reedplate de-rusted, re-valved, waxed into place and tuned.
2 cracked reeds on the bass side: Found replacements, de-rusted, re-valved, waxed into place and tuned.
All 3 replacement reedplates were shorter than the old ones, so I had to cut out small pieces of wood to fix into the reed chambers to make them fit.

Feel dead proud of myself!

Nicki's melodeon's nearly finished too.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 am

peypea wrote:Bought myself a 3DS today.

I got to use one of those a couple of weeks back.

The 3D is way cooler than I expected.

TrickyVixen
Lowly Peon

Postby TrickyVixen » Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 am

Found out my manager and the manager on the team behind me are both off tomorrow and the whole of next week. It's the little things :D

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Thu May 23, 2013 11:40 am

Noodle wrote:Finished my first accordion repair.

1 loose reedplate on the treble side: Rewaxed into place.
1 loose reedplate on the bass side: Rewaxed into place.
1 cracked reed on the treble side: Found replacement reedplate. New reedplate de-rusted, re-valved, waxed into place and tuned.
2 cracked reeds on the bass side: Found replacements, de-rusted, re-valved, waxed into place and tuned.
All 3 replacement reedplates were shorter than the old ones, so I had to cut out small pieces of wood to fix into the reed chambers to make them fit.

Feel dead proud of myself!

Nicki's melodeon's nearly finished too.

I feel proud enough just restringing my 7 string floyd and getting it in tune! Nice one :yes:
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Owen wrote:A guy on the KD/MF forum's pregnant wife suffered a stroke recently and unfortunately died. Their baby has (Through many, many surgeries) made it through the whole ordeal and now a picture of her was just uploaded today.

Here's an update on this after a year:
It's been awhile since I last post. Since then Renee has been moved to Anne Carlson Center in my state, closer to our city.
She's been getting high temps still, faster heart rates. I think they've found the infection finally, it was found in her bowels or intestines. She's been on an antibiotic which has been switched to a different one for the infection. She had another infection at the last hospital from the central IV line in her chest, which caused a blood clot. The IV is out also the clot is gone. Recently one of her nebulizers been weaned down from every 3 hours to twice a day. This was one of the reasons her heart was stressing. She had a hospital visit to an ENT and a Cardiologist recently and her heart is good. The ENT wanted to put in a bigger trach, but the doctor at Anne Carlson said when she gets bigger. She still has a trach and GJ tube. The trach has to be sunctioned but not as much. She eats and drinks through the tube. Still practicing a little through the mouth everyday. She is down about 6 medications from 14. Me and my girlfriend traveled for a visit to Minneapolis hospital to complete 3 more classes in Feb for 8 days. We've done 4 classes altogether 2 Child CPR, GJ Tube, Trach and learned how to clean sites. We both had 48hr cares each. Had to give all medicines round the clock and learned her feeding machine. Each changed the trach to a new one. Had to sunction her trach a lot. She don't need as much as she did. Throughout it all she's getting better and better. She had another heart catherization and lung repair before the transfer.

Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Hoovered up the dust and spiders that were in my room :3
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Thu May 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Seeing Rush tomorrow!
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu May 23, 2013 4:44 pm

At work this morning where I work on a Thursday with adults with learning disabilities, half the members were in a relaxation group, but the other staff just don't know where to start so decided I should lead it. Had relaxing music, lavender oil and got them to close their eyes whilst I did a couple of pathworking type things were they imagined what I was describing and what they could smell and see. They then took turns to describe what they saw. It went down really well and the other members of staff in the debrief at the end of the day said how good I was. They are looking forward to me doing more.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Soilwork's new album.

They're probably not the most popular band on this forum but stuff it, I legitimately love their new album! :twisted:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu May 23, 2013 5:24 pm

The fact that stuff like this still happens. Sort of want to go....

http://www.knightmarelive.com/

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Just beat Donkey Kong Country
Wise Guy

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:Soilwork's new album.

They're probably not the most popular band on this forum but stuff it, I legitimately love their new album! :twisted:

Nowt wrong with a bit of soilwork, love them personally and I'm pretty miffed they're not doing a full tour for the new album :(
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Danroush wrote:

Nowt wrong with a bit of soilwork, love them personally and I'm pretty miffed they're not doing a full tour for the new album :(

Part of me was hoping they'd be announced for Bloodstock, but I don't think that'll happen now! :P

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu May 23, 2013 7:37 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:
Danroush wrote:

Part of me was hoping they'd be announced for Bloodstock, but I don't think that'll happen now! :P

Maybe next year? (although I've been saying that for 4 years now, my first Bloodstock was 09, just after they played there :( )
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1