What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Got the email that bloodstock tickets are on the way, booyah.

Well the £65 that I saved for the day ticket this year is more than likely going towards early bird tickets for next year. Don't give a shit if I sit in the field drinking Tyskies or standing in peoples personal space for the whole weekend. I can't miss another one. Dodgems are calling. Augusts are pretty lousy without open air festivals I have grown to appreciate.

Bollocks to that, buy the day ticket and I'll pay you 65 buck for a quick handy :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:17 pm

No unfortunately not. Todays announcement basically confirmed me not going. I wanted a Saturday day ticket but it just needed something extra, particularly as they moved Nuclear Assault into Fridays schedule which was pretty poor for me. I wanted Within Temptation to be moved into a different county for logistical reasons, but then they played Wembley stadium or some toilets somewhere where there was a good turn out so who am I to judge?

...but as I say, I am rolling the £65 day ticket price into next years weekend ticket.

Joe - You already have a mobile phone. :oops:

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Passed ISO14001 training. Just need to get 9001 and 18001 to complete the set!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Housemate's got a George Foreman grill which I am more than welcome to use. Just tried a quick ham and cheese toastie, spot on. Need to sort me out some brie, mozzarella and whatnot.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Totally forgot I had a crate of Woinemer Plob that I brought back last September. Its a bit out of date, so its a little flatter than it would be if it were still in date but god damn I miss having this brewery on my doorstep.

Also one of Kunt and the Gangs quite plentiful appearances in the midlands is on a Saturday...Coventry. I am happy because I can get home from there using public transport or ill just get some homeless guy to push me to Solihull in his shopping trolley.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Eliminated an item off my "Stuff That Is Wrong With The Car" list. Easy fix and not the worryingly expensive one I thought it would be. Just two more things to go...

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm

After being told the next available appointment at my usual dentist was in December, I took my agonisingly painful toothache to a private practice. Phoned on Tuesday, got an appointment yesterday, woke up today completely pain-free after sleeping properly for the first time since Friday.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:58 am

Been paid, and so far no-one seems to have noticed about me getting a little extra last paycheck.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Im actually having a serious conversation about going to Finland. I haven't been there since 2007. This time going with some great guys, to see Destroyer 666 - and some other stuff I need to familiarise myself with. Best part, I can acceptably drink gin from a can again because I am not going down the path of Finnish beer. Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Karhu was drinkable that's all I am allowing.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Payday so I have FINALLY actually bought my bloodstock ticket. Has skint me for a whole month but I can actually get excited about returning to my favourite place after 2 years. :yes:

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:44 am

Got a job at the Becklin Centre which means I can finally start properly house-hunting in Leeds (a friend from my course is also gonna be on the same ward which is lovely) and Pentagram are playing Manchester again, eee. :D

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Had a great catch up with the ex. Her family seem to be getting on fine and we're looking at going for sushi on Thursday with her and a few of her cronies who are also over here - one lives here and she's visiting her. All of Weinheims weirdos are still weird. Her Oma (grandmother) has Alzheimers, but she seems her normal self, got to be honest I was a bit worried about asking about her because I did expect the worst, but she's good too!

I was a bit upset to find out that Freddy, the budgie that I was looking after for my last 2/3 months of living in Germany has sadly passed away a few months ago. She met my birdy anyway. Noisy little feathery bastard that he is. :D

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Last weekend was awesome. Absolutely stunning birthday - Sunderland airshow, then drinking in Sunderland itself which seems a lovely place. Well, the bits I saw. Watching moo down a few mezcal worm shots was... interesting.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Being called a friend as opposed to 'someone I know from work.'
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:58 pm

I should be annoyed about the parade's commission giving the go-ahead to a UDA parade literally at the time and place I was planning my birthday drinks on Friday night, but spending Saturday in a tent outside at a country pub in Fermanagh drinking Buckfast and watching silly Grindcore bands is a much better plan.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire