What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Danroush
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:00 am

Turbo wrote:
Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Apparantly at oktoberfest (so i assume it's the same at them all) that it's 9 euro a stein, plus the 1 euro tip to the barmaid.

So 10 euro a stein works out at less that £4 a pint really, which is what you'd expect to pay in any major city in the uk. So it's really not bad.

Maß*(mass) a stein will get you one of those 500ml china mugs of beer. Or an actual stone. Pro tip. ;)

I heard figures closer to 15quid for a Maß
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:04 am

jwh20 wrote:
Nah, fuck you. I'm sick of obeying the highway code 100% of the time (I may be a minority, but as a motorist and a cyclist, motorists are so much worse) and nearly being hit by dangerous drivers, and getting harassment and abuse from people for no reason whatsoever other than being in a cycle lane. If people want to be cunts and start swearing out of their car window and beeping just because we prevent them from jumping the lights then they can GF. Owning a German car doesn't make you the king of the fucking world.

I both cycle and drive and find motorists to be much, much worse. Especially when you bear in mind that if a cyclist fucks up near a car, a car gets a dent. If a motorist fucks up near a cyclist, there's a decent chance of the cyclist dying.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Danroush wrote:I both cycle and drive and find motorists to be much, much worse.

I'm genuinely astounded by that claim. It doesn't even come close to resembling my reality.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:43 pm

Tet wrote:
Danroush wrote:I both cycle and drive and find motorists to be much, much worse.

I'm genuinely astounded by that claim. It doesn't even come close to resembling my reality.

It probably depends on where you are. I've seen the antics of some of the cyclists in London first hand, but you don't really get that behaviour in other places like Liverpool or Manchester, to use two examples. Whereas a dickhead in a car or van (usually white) is found nearly everywhere.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:45 pm

Tet wrote:

What, Dan doesn't cycle and drive in your reality? :P

I think it's pretty much universally accepted that motorists treat the highway code as mere guidelines, breaking speed limits, indicating late (or not at all), entering box junctions inappropriately, jumping red lights, using their horn aggressively/while stationary, not checking that their way is clear before pulling out, etc.

As a pedestrian, I notice a lot of the above. As a cyclist, I think I'll notice a lot more.

WMMHT: Got my new bike, and my new phone.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:50 pm

WorMzy wrote:entering box junctions inappropriately, jumping red lights

Seriously? You're claiming motorists do this and cyclists don't? Wow. I'll have some of what you're having.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Oh no, I wouldn't claim that cyclists don't do some of those things too. I'm just saying that by and large, motorists break the highway code in more ways, and more frequently.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Promotion :D

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:18 pm

^ Sound mate!

So glad to have finished work until Monday week after next. There's this horrid mix of petulance from the lower-downs and unscrupulous from the higher-ups that it can get too much sometimes. Needless to say I shall try and keep that out of my mind for now.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 pm

In a similar vein, i'm off work until next Monday, off to Dismaland tomorrow and doing as little as possible on Friday. Will be nice to get away from the incessant chatter about the rugby world cup and the obnoxious tit who I sit next to. In 2 weeks time, i'll be a grade above him. Can't wait :evillaff:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 pm

I'm halfway through my third official week as team leader and its all going quite well. Haven't heard from any managers how I'm doing but I don't care what they say, for the most part anyway. My colleagues have all been amazing considering how often someone is promoting and theres a bit of resentment I haven't had any shit to deal with. And those are the people I do care about so I'll take it as a sign I'm not awful at it.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 am

Heading to Madrid tomorrow. Weather looking good.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Christmas conference was so good. So many freebies and so much free wine. Bloody glorious.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Weekend has arrived and I have beers. I feel utterly broken.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:07 pm

peypea wrote:Christmas conference was so good. So many freebies and so much free wine. Bloody glorious.

But ... it's only September...? :?
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!