What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Been invited to a little get together tomorrow with my brother and his friends. We all get along really well and have been playing a bit of WoW the last two nights. Might bring Cards Against Humanity...

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Had an interview. I think it went well. Hopefully it's bye bye superdrug soon!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:51 pm

awesome, where was the interview?

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:58 pm

peypea wrote:Had an interview. I think it went well. Hopefully it's bye bye superdrug soon!

Good luck :D Hope you get something from it.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Nantha wrote:awesome, where was the interview?

For NYX cosmetics! :D
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Seriously good luck Ania, you deserve something far better than all the shit you put up with in that place.

Had a look through the festival booklet for my town's arts fest, got an absolutely brilliant weekend lined up for the end of August. Starting off with a one-off gig in The Trident (legendary Punk venue mentioned in the opening line of "Alternative Ulster") on the Friday night, documentary on The Damned at the technical college on Saturday afternoon followed by The Damned gig at the hotel down the seafront and an Bon Scott-era AC/DC tribute band at The Goat's Toe, and for the hangover sesh on the Sunday some Bluegrass in the park, yet more Bluegrass at The Rabbit Rooms, acoustic Punk beer garden jam with Henry Cluney of Stiff Little Fingers and a Mudhoney documentary/covers set in The Hop House to finish.

I normally hate Bangor for being so gentrified, middle class and culturally irrelevant but for one month each year it briefly becomes awesome.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:00 pm

peypea wrote:
Nantha wrote:awesome, where was the interview?

For NYX cosmetics! :D

:yes: :yes:
And you know even if you don't get it, keep at it! You're getting interviews, which is great! London is sucky for a lot of reasons, but luckily we're not short of jobs so something will turn up soon.

I'm happy because I get to sleep tonight. I'm so fucking excited. I worked out that since coming back from Denmark, I work on average 14.5 hours a day, every day, not including travelling and I actually made myself sick from exhaustion last week, so this is going to be the best sleep of my life :dibbley:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I normally hate Bangor for being so gentrified, middle class and culturally irrelevant

Ha ha. You hate somewhere for being middle class? That's awesome. I hate places for being working class...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Tet wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I normally hate Bangor for being so gentrified, middle class and culturally irrelevant

Ha ha. You hate somewhere for being middle class? That's awesome. I hate places for being working class...

I suppose what I mean by that is I hate the snobishness of the people here. There is really nothing special about this town compared to the rest of the country but the sense of superiority and entitlement its people have is way out proportion with that.

I've lived more years of my life in Bangor than anywhere else, but I still tell people I'm from Kircubbin or Belfast instead.
Upcoming Gigs

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Fantastic day and night oout in London. If it wasn't for prices that city would be perfect.

We found far too much bucky tho, I got into far too much of a state.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Tet wrote:

You get a lot of "inverted snobbery" around here. The local newspaper was complaining the other week because of all the gentrified places opening up rather than so called working class culture. I do want to know why we have four hipster beard trimming shops in the city centre though. :lol:

Reminds me a bit of this. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLoVF7vcBtY
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:56 pm

I had a really good day yesterday, and I fully include the antics of making sure False Joe didn't go to sleep by the canal (or god forbid fall into it) into those good times - please don't take that as licence to do this all the time! ;)

I also bumped into a guy in the Dev who I'd not seen in yonks and didn't think even liked me, but he was really pleased to see me and we spent a good half hour at least sharing juicy anecdotes that made me feel much better about a number of things.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Pretty important news today. After hearing nearly nothing since filming in March it seems the Robot Wars Facebook page has finally kicked back in to life, which hopefully means it'll be back on screen very soon.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Doctor who saw me today was lovely.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:57 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-kristofer-hivju-battle-905535?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR+Live+Feed+Alerts_2016-06-22+11%3A45%3A00_kstanhope&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_livefeed

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-liam-cunningham-tells-904250

Davos and Tormund talking about shooting "The Battle Of The Bastards" scene and both mention how much effort us extras put into it. All I can say is right back at you big lad. It was just as tough for them- they were standing in the same bags of leather strapped to their feet in literal knee-deep mud as us, eating the same food as us, doing the same 10 hour days as us. Never a complaint from any of them. In fact given Kit Harrington's claustrophobia and the fact Liam Cunningham is a good 20-30 years old than most other people there it was probably even worse for the stars, even if they did have a wee tent they could go sit in between shots and we were laying on our cloaks in the mud. One of the amputee actors probably had it the worst as his shots involved him literally crawling through mud and then being carried Hodor and Bran style around set because they was no way even an off-road wheelchair could get around in those conditions.

Seeing the effort they put in kept us going, and Liam Cunningham in particular was going out of his way to keep our morale up with wisecracks to the director. It was like a proper wartime trench spirit between soldiers and officers at times. I really hope we get to do another big battle scene because that camaraderie makes those tough shoots so much more rewarding. Seeing the stars appreciate us the way we appreciate them is even more rewarding than the money or seeing it on screen at last. Absolute gents the pair of them.
Upcoming Gigs