What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Got everything apart from my GPU for the PC build now, fuck its been an emotional 8 months this build (don't laugh I don't earn enough to pay for it all in one go). Planning on building it Saturday week possibly excluding its 1070, but ill see what I need to budget for. Right now, everything I am going to that are set in stone are paid for so I just need to turn up and afford beers, so yeah I should be on to a winner for getting that this weekend.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 am

Getting involved with some weekend steel by playing with Seven Sisters in Glasgow.

This could* get messy

*Will
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

CBT went well yesterday. This could be far more useful than going over stuff that happened years ago. Not sure how I'll feel when I properly start to challenge things but yeah it was ok.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:34 pm

I had a really great night last night. I think for the first time I am feeling positive about being friends!

Plenty more fish in the sea eh?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:34 am

The guy who molested me 13 years ago died about an hour ago. He was a close family friend to everyone but me, so they're grieving but I'm so happy. Maybe it makes me fucked up, but today I don't give a shit.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:02 pm

Definitely doesn't make you fucked up, I don't think anyone on here would expect you to mourn someone who molested you.

Hope this gives you some kind of closure.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

fluffymoo wrote:The guy who molested me 13 years ago died about an hour ago. He was a close family friend to everyone but me, so they're grieving but I'm so happy. Maybe it makes me fucked up, but today I don't give a shit.

Someone who bullied me and played one truly disgusting prank on me at Bloodstock died of a drug overdose last year. I don't think I'm a bad person for feeling happy about that and doubly so in your case for someone who was a genuine monster. If the way he went out was painful and humiliating then even better. Take as much enjoyment from this as you can because some people truly don't deserve life.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:26 pm

fluffymoo wrote:The guy who molested me 13 years ago died about an hour ago. He was a close family friend to everyone but me, so they're grieving but I'm so happy. Maybe it makes me fucked up, but today I don't give a shit.

Good, and sorry, but fuck your family for grieving for him. He deserves to burn in hell. Don't let anyone make you think differently.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Someone who bullied me and played one truly disgusting prank on me at Bloodstock died of a drug overdose last year. I don't think I'm a bad person for feeling happy about that and doubly so in your case for someone who was a genuine monster. If the way he went out was painful and humiliating then even better. Take as much enjoyment from this as you can because some people truly don't deserve life.

Good for you too.

I really couldn't give a fuck about most human beings, most of them are ruining the earth, even the 'good' ones, so the less particularly awful ones, the better.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 am

I'm a stone lighter than I was in April which baring in mind I have done little to change my diet, still drink beer, and went two months with no gym (back now), I am dead chuffed with this.

Still work to do though, gym tonight!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:23 am

Turbo wrote:I'm a stone lighter than I was in April which baring in mind I have done little to change my diet, still drink beer, and went two months with no gym (back now), I am dead chuffed with this.

Still work to do though, gym tonight!

I've lost 16lbs in about 7 or 8 weeks just by cutting out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Still drinking and eating shitloads of meat, cheese and chocolate and doing no exercise aside from the occasional long walk. I still have a long way to go but happy with this progress so far.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:52 pm

:yes:

Cutting out bread, pasta, rice etc just doesn't compute for me though :lol: Wholegrain exclusively for sure, but cutting out altogether, can't deal. That's my weakness. Far easier for me to keep up a fairly solid gym routine (started drinking coffee just beforehand as it seems to help massively) and not go out on the piss every weekend. That in turn is fewer sloppy takeaways and whatever crap I eat because I'm too hungover to cook the next day.

That said, personal circumstances can play into it. At the moment everything is as right as it's ever been for me. It's pretty much flex time at work so I can get to the gym when it's not too busy, and the job's not so taxing I feel the need to get slaughtered on the weekend so much. Weird how it actually feels good to stay at home and do something productive every now and then.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Fair play Matty! I have done none of that really, I do tend to eat shit and have really no will power to change my eating habits but I think things will be different once I eventually move out (again). Oh and I have a beer quite often of late because my minds behaving like a dick and kinda needs something to take the edge off it all so I can go to sleep.

WMMHT: Gym man, fucking wall to wall fanny all over it tonight. One for my diary, Wednesdays are gym days! Oh yeah and once I had put my eyes back on the prize I did a really good gym session and I feel damned good indeed.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 am

Why are they grieving considering the circumstances?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:16 pm

mikeftw wrote:

Why are they grieving considering the circumstances?

Before the incident he was my dad's best friend and partner of my mum's best friend. Until this day my dad doesn't quite believe me, keeps insisting that the guy didn't mean it and that dad would've beaten him bloody if he thought he had - but yeah, never believed me. I had to put up with this guy still being around, every party, weekends, afternoons, holidays even after what he did. There were loads of times over the years where he'd come over and visit, I had to go up and hide in my room because my parents refused to turn him away.

My family, excluding my younger sister, all know what happened - but because the guy was such a good friend over the years he was never taken up on it. Also, his daughter is the best friend of my younger sister - they still don't know.

I was diagnosed with PTSD a few weeks ago because of all this. I'm so fucking glad he's dead.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:04 am

2 WEEKS LEFT AT SUPERDRUG :D :D :D
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.