What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
OverlordofMetal
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby OverlordofMetal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:46 pm

A certain announcement about Helloween! :D
Snoochie boochies!!!

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:59 pm

OverlordofMetal wrote:A certain announcement about Helloween! :D

+1
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Putting the boot into my busted microwave just before I binned it.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Xzar wrote:
red wrote:Unsure what I want at the moment.

This is what I find to be the problem with most women :P

Agreed.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:53 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
Xzar wrote:

Agreed.

x3.

Then again, I'm no better at the moment, grim as I am. :eyes:

blargle
Definitely Not Nu

Postby blargle » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:39 pm

I got a free TV, Stereo, Sofa and Chair. Yay!

Arntor
Consort of the Beast

Postby Arntor » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:12 pm

my maths a-level exam was really easy!!

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:11 pm

I don't know what I want either ^

[didn'tpostthisinthewrongthread. honest.]

4.5 hour break tomorrow between lessons - chiiiiiiilll.

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:52 pm

My Jonathan Creek box set came!

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:21 pm

jackcake wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:
Xzar wrote:

Agreed.

x3.

I don't see what is so hard about knowing what you want...I'm 26...I've spent nearly 8 years of my life since I was 16 in 2 long term relationships (one 6.5 the other 1.5). I know that all I want is a nice, intelligent girl who shares interests, has a sense of humour and will love me for who I am. SIMPLE. Not hard.
I don't really see that it matters what's in the past...if you meet someone who matches the things you look for in someone...then go for it, worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out. If I meet someone I like, I know it...women just seem to want to play games by saying they "don't know what they want".
Honesty is key. I find it a lot less offensive if a girl just says "You're not my type" or "I don't fancy you" and mean it...than give the line "You'r too nice for me" or "I'm not sure what I want" that way we can just carry on and be friends.
The only part of relationships I lack confidence in is the initiation of it...i.e. meeting. After that I'm fine with everything...I just wish people were honest and say what they think.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:06 am

^I agree with that. I don't understand why 90% of people don't want the same thing. Intelligence, shared interests, loyalty, and that's about it. Personally I think that people have become far too spoilt and tainted in the past 50 years or so and that they are too damn choosy.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 am

It's not so much about what I want but whether I want anything at all. I'm an awkward sod and for some reason knockbacks hit me harder than it would a normal person. I hate being alone but apart from two short relationships lasting a total of six months out of nearly 26 years I really should be used to it! I haven't got the courage or confidence to take another risk.

There's a 16-year-old who wants me to go down to Bristol to visit her this weekend. I think that would be a big mistake.

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:07 am

I bought seasons 2 and 4 of Auf Wiedersehen Pet on DVD (haven't seen 2 at all, and only bits of 4), so thats made me happy. When there are some cheapies on amazon for the other 2 I will purchase those seasons aswell :D

Also bought Season 5 of Scrubs, a show which I compulsively watch pretty much every day, atleast one episode. Have done this since like May, and I'm still not bored!

Also got the film 'Sixteen Candles', to add to my John Hughes collection. Only seen this one once, and it was fantastic, aswell as the fact that it cost me 1.84 including postage and packaging from the amazon marketplace... bargain! :D

Happy days, all of this for under 40 quid :D

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 am

angel_of_death wrote:
jackcake wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:
Xzar wrote:

Agreed.

x3.

I don't see what is so hard about knowing what you want...I'm 26...I've spent nearly 8 years of my life since I was 16 in 2 long term relationships (one 6.5 the other 1.5). I know that all I want is a nice, intelligent girl who shares interests, has a sense of humour and will love me for who I am. SIMPLE. Not hard.
I don't really see that it matters what's in the past...if you meet someone who matches the things you look for in someone...then go for it, worst that can happen is that it doesn't work out. If I meet someone I like, I know it...women just seem to want to play games by saying they "don't know what they want".
Honesty is key. I find it a lot less offensive if a girl just says "You're not my type" or "I don't fancy you" and mean it...than give the line "You'r too nice for me" or "I'm not sure what I want" that way we can just carry on and be friends.
The only part of relationships I lack confidence in is the initiation of it...i.e. meeting. After that I'm fine with everything...I just wish people were honest and say what they think.

Ahhh ok feel slightly attacked but I know what you mean.

Ok I do know what I want but am unable to find it. I meant I don't know what I want in terms of the people interested lately. I can't see either of them working out (only 2 offers by the way!)

I am always honest if I know it won't work with someone as I hate leading them on. I am not afraid to try something new but don't like it when people just use you.

All I want is someone with the same interests as me, fun, and hyper like me.
I am 25 but don't want to setlle down, I want fun but most guys are unable to keep up with me (in every respect) and I feel like an old married couple from the start.

I always say what I think and feel theat honesty is inportant but the "you too nice" excuse always feels like a cop out. I've had that line too many times :(
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:08 pm

I suspect that "You are too nice" probably means "You don't create drama, therefore you're boring"