What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Bought a decent second hand leather jacket for 40 quid. Well chuffed :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:48 pm

Regarding that goth article, someone should slap her upside th'ead. The bus driver example is a bit harsh but she knows what she's getting herself into, seriously, GROW UP.

I mean, 'I am a pet' (Direct quote) what the hell is that all about.

Get a real job you dropouts

[The last part is not in line with my general statement nor do I mean it to be taken as such. It's just something someone said a while back that I thought was amusing and relates to this.]

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Four months after having an offer accepted on a house, I finally get the keys on Friday.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 pm

johnny_boy
Warrior of Metal

Postby johnny_boy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 pm

finally getting back online an seeing
these great line up announcements :]

oh and a promotion at work

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:34 pm

wow, an edge of your seat, battle to the death there :lol:

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:03 am

*red* wrote:I think he is overreacting. It is just their "syle" (if you can call it that) and they are doing no-one any harm.

I hate it when peoplejusge you just becuase you dress/ look differently. Someone tried to run me over when I went home to parents little town just because I am goth.

But they are pretty weird. Not for dressing goth but ... acting as though she's his pet and walking around with a lead :/

cheesemason
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cheesemason » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:04 am

I passed my most recent accountancy exams! :D

So ten down, four to go! Admittedly the four hardest :eyes:

bungle
Denim Demon

Postby bungle » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:59 am

outside the thatched we have a board advertising what is coming up (mainly the bad manners gig) and some chavs kicked the shit out of it.that pissed us all off but the stupid fucker who broke it dropped his brand new mobile while doing it so we now have his phone. stupid littlle shits

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:48 pm

bungle wrote:outside the thatched we have a board advertising what is coming up (mainly the bad manners gig) and some chavs kicked the shit out of it.that pissed us all off but the stupid fucker who broke it dropped his brand new mobile while doing it so we now have his phone. stupid littlle shits

Send abusive texts to everybody in his address book. Hopefully a shoeing will result.

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Big D wrote:
bungle wrote:outside the thatched we have a board advertising what is coming up (mainly the bad manners gig) and some chavs kicked the shit out of it.that pissed us all off but the stupid fucker who broke it dropped his brand new mobile while doing it so we now have his phone. stupid littlle shits

Send abusive texts to everybody in his address book. Hopefully a shoeing will result.

That made me happy today :D hahaha. If you're lucky there'll be a drug dealer on there ;)

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 pm

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:11 pm

k8iemay wrote:
*red* wrote:I think he is overreacting. It is just their "syle" (if you can call it that) and they are doing no-one any harm.

I hate it when peoplejusge you just becuase you dress/ look differently. Someone tried to run me over when I went home to parents little town just because I am goth.

But they are pretty weird. Not for dressing goth but ... acting as though she's his pet and walking around with a lead :/

It's a lifestyle thing though. And at the end of the day, who are we to judge them for that? It's not as if they are hurting anyone by doing that, and as far as I'm concerned, that puts the whole human pet thing in their own personal sphere of liberty.

I'm gonna use this example in my exam tomorrow I think :D

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 am

I am finally starting to understand this module of my course, about 4 1/2 hours before my exam! That's pretty good timing in my book, means I might actually pass!

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 am

PaulMaiden wrote:I am finally starting to understand this module of my course, about 4 1/2 hours before my exam! That's pretty good timing in my book, means I might actually pass!

Well done hun.
Good luck.
Sorry to hear about the Glandular Fever, I hope they take that into consideration in the exams (they should with doctors note).

Why am I happy??
Well it's friday,
Just got paid
Been to the gym everyday this week so feeling fit (and lost some weight :D ) going again tonight.
Saw korn wednesday, was at front (ummm future husband), had day off yesterday so feeling good.

Going out hopefully tonight (after gym of course) and seeing mummy and pregnant sister tommorrow (haven't seen them since christmas).
Maybe avenged sevenfold sunday (if ticket plan goes ahead) so yay.
Just hope nothing goes wrong.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough