What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Harry » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Atmosphere at Christie Park in the second half this afternoon was top notch, just like before Xmas. Great that my little brother was in the thick of it during the chants too, not much more annoying than a bored 7 year old showing you up :oops: :lol:

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere

Postby Rob Bannister » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Sorted out something last night that I should have done ages ago! :)
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:15 pm

My X-box 360 and music collection as always. :) :)
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:My X-box 360

Congrats, you're a winner.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Xzar wrote:
Azrael~Azure wrote:My X-box 360

Congrats, you're a winner.

:D
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Spending the day in Whitby with my mate Lorraine.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Making Tom Yum Gai (Thai hot & sour chicken soup) again. It went better this time.

Last time was OK, but I got my Panang Curry Paste mixed up with my Nam Prik Pao (chilli paste) and I used "Tamarind Sauce" rather than Tamarind Paste so it tasted kinda different from how it's supposed to. Still nice though.

This time I got it bang-on, although it wasn't quite as hot as I would have liked. I'll try twatting the 12 Thai chillis a bit with a rolling pin next time rather than leaving them be like in the recipe. Chopping the chillis up would result in a MENTAL hot soup (especially if I left the seeds in), so I won't go that far.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:46 pm

MetalBeast wrote:Making Tom Yum Gai (Thai hot & sour chicken soup) again. It went better this time.

Last time was OK, but I got my Panang Curry Paste mixed up with my Nam Prik Pao (chilli paste) and I used "Tamarind Sauce" rather than Tamarind Paste so it tasted kinda different from how it's supposed to. Still nice though.

This time I got it bang-on, although it wasn't quite as hot as I would have liked. I'll try twatting the 12 Thai chillis a bit with a rolling pin next time rather than leaving them be like in the recipe. Chopping the chillis up would result in a MENTAL hot soup (especially if I left the seeds in), so I won't go that far.

Mmm Tom Yum Gai. Nice choice!
I'm quite partial to a bit of Thai food, and some Japanese. It's hard to get all the ingredients though sometimes.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:
MetalBeast wrote:Making Tom Yum Gai (Thai hot & sour chicken soup) again. It went better this time.

Mmm Tom Yum Gai. Nice choice!
I'm quite partial to a bit of Thai food, and some Japanese. It's hard to get all the ingredients though sometimes.

I quite like Thai too. My favourite dish has to be 31, along with a side order or 6 :P

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:Mmm Tom Yum Gai. Nice choice!

Yeah. Luckily, Hanson's Chinese supermarket seems to have most of the stuff I need.
I thought I'd found a Thai supermarket in Nottingham the other day, but it turned out to be a house that was being used as a trading address - the van outside was the only hint of the business even existed.

I'm going to try to get a "Sushi starter kit" online sometime soon. They contain everything you need other than the fish (or beef, or vegetables, if you're that way inclined).

andeh wrote:I quite like Thai too. My favourite dish has to be 31, along with a side order or 6 :P

My favourite is the 205. That's four 32s, two 16s and a 45.
(terrible, terrible joke!)
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:08 am

Looking after the pub until thursday, got the place to myself (before and after opening times) Beer on Tap, Sky, food from the kitchen :D

Watched X-Men 3, went down for a few beers, kicked every one out and locked up, made a chicken supreme now watching Batman (the Tim Burton Original with Jack Nicholson).

Best bit is i can smoke in the pub when i lock up and have a pint :lol:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Blissy
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blissy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:20 am

Fucking DOOOM.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 am

Going to the spar dressed in my dress down rocker clothes- trivium hoody, long black skirt ect and having iron maiden blastin on my headphones.
GHot to the till, guy gave me a strange look and then my bill came to £6.66 just as number of the beast came on- CLASSIC.
You should had seen the guys face.
Cheered me up.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Handed in my final year project - All 23,000 words of it.

Just glad it's over. Just got to revise and finish that 3,000 word essay now...
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:10 am

My girlfriend's coming over tonight, and I'm being ridiculously old fashioned and cooking meal. And if she survives that, it should be a good evening. :flame:
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"