What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Rob Bannister
Festival Compere

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Rob Bannister » Sat May 17, 2008 9:51 am

dragonmaiden wrote:Finally got off my bum and arranged for us to change broadband provider. We will now get our phone and broadband for £27 per month and the broadband will be 8Mb faster. I am currently paying that for 2Mb broadband. In addition we get TV in for free which has pleased mini Maiden as it's going in her bedroom. All in all a productive morning. I need to get a cuppa and sit down! :)

Blimey! Who was that through?
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat May 17, 2008 1:38 pm

impervious wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:Finally got off my bum and arranged for us to change broadband provider. We will now get our phone and broadband for £27 per month and the broadband will be 8Mb faster. I am currently paying that for 2Mb broadband. In addition we get TV in for free which has pleased mini Maiden as it's going in her bedroom. All in all a productive morning. I need to get a cuppa and sit down! :)

Blimey! Who was that through?

Virgin. We already get our phone through them. I was going to get 20Mb broadband but that would have been £39 so we wouldn't have saved anything technically. I'm sure Lee would have loved it, especially when it goes up to 50Mb in the next few months ... but we've been managing on 2Mb all this time so that will do for now. :)

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat May 17, 2008 10:32 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:Virgin. We already get our phone through them.

I hope that works out for you, but I won't be holding my breath. I haven't yet met a Virgin Media customer that's had a good word to say about them.

On a happier note, I'm loving the weak dollar at the moment. I've just installed a new ignition, coil and distributor on my race car (which has made an impressive difference to the way it runs). And because of the exchange rate, it was all at a bargain price, too!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 am

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Sun May 18, 2008 10:59 am

I discovered a new philosophy for myself yesterday and something that can inspire me, it was nice :)
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Biomech
Consort of the Beast

Postby Biomech » Sun May 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Looking at the state of the garden after last nights BBQ, mainly because I'm not cleaming it up! :lol:
Strapping Young Lad rocks my hairy anus

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Tet wrote:

I hope that works out for you, but I won't be holding my breath. I haven't yet met a Virgin Media customer that's had a good word to say about them.

On a happier note, I'm loving the weak dollar at the moment. I've just installed a new ignition, coil and distributor on my race car (which has made an impressive difference to the way it runs). And because of the exchange rate, it was all at a bargain price, too!

Thats a good deal lisa......if you like your connection to go down every half an hour seriously im with Virgin and it's annoying especially playing online games having to reconnect because my ip's gone down. I wanna change my internet provider but unfortunayely my mum n dad wont allow it because they have the TV, Phone, Internet Combo.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun May 18, 2008 4:44 pm

The Warlord wrote:
Tet wrote:

Thats a good deal lisa......if you like your connection to go down every half an hour seriously im with Virgin and it's annoying especially playing online games having to reconnect because my ip's gone down. I wanna change my internet provider but unfortunayely my mum n dad wont allow it because they have the TV, Phone, Internet Combo.

Well we have no problems with our cable now. AOL use Virgin's cable to provide us with broadband at the mo and we have no probs with AOL at all. The reason for the change is that we could use the extra speed and of course it'll save us some cash. I have heard negative reports about Virgin tbh but it's our best alternative to AOL who are fleecing us currently as we pay £27.49 for a service they now charge £4.99 a month for. :|

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Mon May 19, 2008 12:39 am

Early morning Aunt Bessie's Apple Pie and Earl Grey tea makes me a happy chappie.

PurpleJellyfish
Definitely Not Nu

Postby PurpleJellyfish » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 am

Counted up and only have 7 days til I get to see a certain mister man and go snowboarding! =D
ONLY 7 days!!
Uber happyage.

Still squeeeeing over my new car ^-^

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon May 19, 2008 11:36 am

Went to a metal wedding on saturday- was great fun. The first song involved alot of moshing- ha ha.

Local rock club did the djing and we got freen entery into the club afterwards.

Great when st the wedding Ironmaiden came on and was just me and 3 guys moshing on the dance floor.
Managed to get into a 3 hour conversation about Ironmaiden and our opinions on metal with the photographer. (was really cute too, shame he is 38)

Managed to pitch my idea to the rock club owner about being the venue for the guitar hero event- he is very interested so hopefully I can sort some things out.
Fingers crossed.

Exhausted now though as I have been out every night last week and now broke as a result but expected to go to london next weekend- ahhhhhhh need money.

Gym after work too- getting fit again.

just wish I was not stuck in work :(
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Blissy
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blissy » Mon May 19, 2008 2:50 pm

ive just found a quite amazing band called The Angelic Process. totally ace.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm

After several years of absence, Hockenheim has just been confirmed as a full round of this year's FIA Drag Racing Championship again. Excellent news...
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon May 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Tet wrote:

Well, here's one for a start.

My Iron Maiden ticket for Twickenham just arrived. :D :D :D

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon May 19, 2008 4:10 pm

This was yesterday but finding original pressings of Iced Earth's Night of the Stormrider and Burnt Offerings in Camden made me rather happy!
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!