What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
splellen
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:47 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby splellen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:09 pm

Travel to and from BOA is booked! :D

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Big D » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Just got back from my first gig of the year. Not a bad night out. (With a couple of exceptions. See Pissed off thread.)

User avatar
*red*
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 am
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby *red* » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:45 am

Good weekend..........

Friday: Went to See Blaze Bayley with a really cool mate. Was at the front and Blaze sang to me at one point, he also sweated on me, and I accidently swallowed some of the sweat. He he. I was a happy bunny, shame I had to leave early because of stupid trains.

Saturday: Went to Oxfam work. Had fun just chilling and sorting out my scifi section. Got another Sylthia Plath to read. Also found a Robert Smith fabric hanging for my best mate in a charity shop for £4, yay.
Download tickets arrived :D
Also got speaking to another good mate off the forum that I haven't spoken to for ages because of his exams. I miss him. :(

Sunday: Did my race for life. Took 50 minutes to do 5k because it was packed. 9000 people. Between the 3 of us we raised £250 which work will match. Good going I think.
Decided to get another piercing so now got my tragent (sticky out ear bit) done. Looks cool. Happy.

Bit tired today but happy that I had a good weekend after all the crap I have been through lately.

:D
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby jackcake » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 pm

*red* wrote:Sunday: Did my race for life. Took 50 minutes to do 5k because it was packed.


Fifty minutes to run three miles, or did you crawl?

Honestly, good going! I can't run for the bus without giving myself a massive stitch.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:44 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby moongoosedani » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:25 am

*red* wrote:he also sweated on me, and I accidently swallowed some of the sweat. He he.

eww, wrong, wrong, just wrong! I dont care if it WAS Blaze! I mean, I love his work, but I wouldnt swallow the man's sweat! Sometimes you sicken me a little, Red. :lol:
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

Xzar
Denim Demon
Posts: 4109
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:27 pm

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Xzar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:43 am

*red* wrote:Sunday: Did my race for life. Took 50 minutes to do 5k because it was packed.


If someone was racing for MY life, I'd be a bit pissed off that they were travelling so slowly! How can women run faster than breast cancer if simple logistical congestion problems aren't taken into account?

User avatar
*red*
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 am
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby *red* » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 am

Xzar wrote:
*red* wrote:Sunday: Did my race for life. Took 50 minutes to do 5k because it was packed.


If someone was racing for MY life, I'd be a bit pissed off that they were travelling so slowly! How can women run faster than breast cancer if simple logistical congestion problems aren't taken into account?


Was not our fault.
9000 people running round a park. Was packed.
Did feel like we were crawling sometimes.

Does not matter if it took me 50 minutes for 5 hours, the fact is that I took my sunday to raise money for a well worth charity.

We did think it was too full but I can see it from the organisers point of view that they do not want to refuse willing participants.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Rob Bannister
Festival Compere
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Location: Chesterfield
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Rob Bannister » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:24 am

*red* wrote:
Xzar wrote:
*red* wrote:Sunday: Did my race for life. Took 50 minutes to do 5k because it was packed.


If someone was racing for MY life, I'd be a bit pissed off that they were travelling so slowly! How can women run faster than breast cancer if simple logistical congestion problems aren't taken into account?


Was not our fault.
9000 people running round a park. Was packed.
Did feel like we were crawling sometimes.

Does not matter if it took me 50 minutes for 5 hours, the fact is that I took my sunday to raise money for a well worth charity.

We did think it was too full but I can see it from the organisers point of view that they do not want to refuse willing participants.


Well done! Couldn't do the running bit but did a bit of the old sponsoring!
The mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the earth!

User avatar
*red*
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 am
Location: Cardiff
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby *red* » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 am

moongoosedani wrote:
*red* wrote:he also sweated on me, and I accidently swallowed some of the sweat. He he.

eww, wrong, wrong, just wrong! I dont care if it WAS Blaze! I mean, I love his work, but I wouldnt swallow the man's sweat! Sometimes you sicken me a little, Red. :lol:



Did not do it on purpose. He he. Just happened.
Just hope he does not have some rage desease :o
Well I have a bit of Blaze inside of me now- Now does that sicken you?? mwa ha ha ha ha :lol:
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2887
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:55 am

Just got back from a job interview! I think it went well.

It's a bit of a side step though, and I'm not sure if I want the job...depends how much they offer e I suppose! Job is advertised at 18-20k depending on experience....I'm hoping that my experience will knock that to around 19 :? otherwise it's no good to me :(
Image

User avatar
moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:44 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby moongoosedani » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:03 pm

*red* wrote:
moongoosedani wrote:
*red* wrote:he also sweated on me, and I accidently swallowed some of the sweat. He he.

eww, wrong, wrong, just wrong! I dont care if it WAS Blaze! I mean, I love his work, but I wouldnt swallow the man's sweat! Sometimes you sicken me a little, Red. :lol:



Did not do it on purpose. He he. Just happened.
Just hope he does not have some rage desease :o
Well I have a bit of Blaze inside of me now- Now does that sicken you?? mwa ha ha ha ha :lol:

Yeah Im a little bit jealous, to tell the truth! :lol:
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby jackcake » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:19 pm

*red* wrote:Does not matter if it took me 50 minutes for 5 hours, the fact is that I took my sunday to raise money for a well worth charity.


Damn straight and I did say well done! :yes:

Signed my tenancy agreement this morning. Doomed. :eyes:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Freyja
Denim Demon
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Location: Ciderland

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Freyja » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm

my Philosophy exam :)
i actually had fun doing it hehe. Two hours where I could just focus on analysing theories, and not let my mind wander to horrible things. ^_^
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:


http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

User avatar
metal_witch
Powermetal Child
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby metal_witch » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Thinking about Bloodstock has made me happy :D

User avatar
The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2805
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Ossett, Wakefield West Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby The Warlord » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:29 pm

Image
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!


Image