What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby AlixB » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Fight them.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:28 pm

AlixB wrote:C it is. Some notes double up and others get skipped over. Damned illogical instruments.

So it's C for both rows? Or is it C for one row and F for the other? If it's C/F, you will get the same notes for each row until you reach Bb on the F row. It's the same deal for D/G box's popular in England
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

C for the bottom row and the top row has 10 buttons which are mostly sharps/flats so...I dunno. It's getting a bit late to think proper.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm

New stretcher arrived today and looks awesome and I'm going to Southampton tomorrow to see my girlfriend :D

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Bratwurst and mash followed by chocolate mousse followed by getting rat-arsed later and kayaking tomorrow. So much win :D

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Course finished! Exams at half four.

This hotel is fucking awesome. We just milled out (12 of us) into the bar area after the course and started chatting.

The bar is closed and the lights were off, but the staff put on minimal lights, and served up coffee for us! Gary (the trainer) has been in the room with us the whole time and I doubt he said anything, so it was definitely staff response.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Day off, and one of our housemates keeps leaving his laptop on, plugged in and signed in when he goes out, so to teach him not to waste our electricity we've fraped him for the second time this week, changed his homepages and are just in the process of downloading a Crazy Frog album and a compilation of 'hits' such as 'Barbie Girl' and 'Oops I Did It Again' to replace all his system sounds.

If he keeps leaving his laptop on the next step is to create a new user account as admin, set his to standard and password it so he can't undo our changes.
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:55 pm

RB2610 wrote: downloading a Crazy Frog album and a compilation of 'hits' such as 'Barbie Girl' and 'Oops I Did It Again' to replace all his system sounds.

:lol: classic!
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Finding out the job interview today was actually for three jobs. I am now a lot more confident.

Also, I finally feel on top of this dissertation. About time with two weeks to go. :lol:

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 pm

AlixB wrote:C for the bottom row and the top row has 10 buttons which are mostly sharps/flats so...I dunno. It's getting a bit late to think proper.

Ah I see. Sounds like it could be a C/C# B/C. If you play a note on the C row, if the button next to it on the next row is a semi-tone higher or lower, then that's most likely what keys it's in and you should be able to play a chromatic scale
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:07 pm

RB2610 wrote:Day off, and one of our housemates keeps leaving his laptop on, plugged in and signed in when he goes out, so to teach him not to waste our electricity we've fraped him for the second time this week, changed his homepages and are just in the process of downloading a Crazy Frog album and a compilation of 'hits' such as 'Barbie Girl' and 'Oops I Did It Again' to replace all his system sounds.

If he keeps leaving his laptop on the next step is to create a new user account as admin, set his to standard and password it so he can't undo our changes.

Another good one: print screen his desktop, and save it as a picture in paint. Set said picture as his wallpaper, delete all his icons, remove sidebar and hide the task bar below the bottom of the screen. :P

Prometherion91
Denim Demon

Postby Prometherion91 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Immort_Reaper wrote:
RB2610 wrote:Day off, and one of our housemates keeps leaving his laptop on, plugged in and signed in when he goes out, so to teach him not to waste our electricity we've fraped him for the second time this week, changed his homepages and are just in the process of downloading a Crazy Frog album and a compilation of 'hits' such as 'Barbie Girl' and 'Oops I Did It Again' to replace all his system sounds.

Another good one: print screen his desktop, and save it as a picture in paint. Set said picture as his wallpaper, delete all his icons, remove sidebar and hide the task bar below the bottom of the screen. :P

This one baffled my Dad. :lol:
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Quite looking forward to seeing Freak Kitchen tonight!

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Get a blue screen of death wall paper ;)
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:40 pm

seem to have fixed my PC. back online.