What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Czech's Mate » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:15 pm

peypea wrote:There's a couple more about I think. Annabel for one.

WMMHT: I managed to get down the steps to the garden so I sat outside for a little bit until the weather turned. Might try and convince mum to let me walk round town after going to the doctors. After all, I do need new slippers after vomiting on my current ones at the hospital. (Yes I know I could wash them but that's beside the point.)

I'm here till tomorrow as well.

Oh and glad you got in to the garden :)
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Ensorcelled signin' in. Not going to Bloodstock because I'm working and I have a general dislike for the majority of English fests these days. :D

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 pm

I've got a palm tree 25ft to my left, high compound wall topped with razor wire 10ft to my front, call to prayer echoing round from about 50 mosques within earshot but none of that really matters because i have Impaled Nazerene blasting out from my iPod dock as I sit outside. All I am really missing is a nice cold pint about half a foot to my right and I would be perfectly chilled right now.

Also, only one more week until the end of Ramadan, less than 3 weeks until I plan to make it over to Bahrain for a weekend of drunken partying!
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I don't think that's the case with me. I love English festivals, and I love international festivals for different reasons. With English festivals I get the opportunity to bump into old friends, and make new ones too, but there isn't much of a boozed up journey up there - for me its only 25 minutes by car or 45 minutes by train and the former I cannot drink with. International fests you can always have a right laugh from the moment you start travelling. I had a binge that started in this country (Stansted) to Katowice where we did karaoke until midnight then got on a train with a bottle of vodka to Vienna, got about 30 minutes sleep in those 8 hours, then changed trains to Villach (A) then down to Tolmin for Metal Camp. Took 18 hours from Poland and had virtually been drinking solid for that time - then put up tent and went straight to the beach bar for more drunken mishaps.

Perhaps what ill do next time I want to go to BOA is go via John O' Groats or Beirut.

+1 for the photos on facebook. Total gits!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:09 pm

British festivals are all I know D: I really want to try a European one next year if I can. Though I probably won't be able to afford it D:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm

peypea wrote:British festivals are all I know D: I really want to try a European one next year if I can. Though I probably won't be able to afford it D:

Ah you should definitely go to one. Looks like Hellfest has now become what Wacken was circa 2007/08 so you should look into that. I went with a whole parcel of people for Wacken 08 and it remains possibly my favourite festival so far.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 pm

That's my biggest concern with going to a euro fest, seems the sort of thing you need a big group of you to go to have the best sort of time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't agree. It helps, but its not compulsory. Depends how social you are. I am a bit cagey around people I don't know particularly well when I am sober, but few beers and you can't shut me up.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Nah you don't need a massive group for going to european festivals. A few close mates to camp with is all you need, and then just post on here or other forums and you're bound to find a few other mates to catch up with too.

Also, Ania good to hear you're up and active :)
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah, Hellfest keeps tempting me, Wacken does too, but to be honest I probably won't be able to afford them!
Yeah, up, active, and EXHAUSTED :P Going out to the garden made me way more tired than I thought it would. D:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:23 pm

On a related matter, had to laugh at my missus: She said how she was shocked that the cost of the ticket had gone up to 150€ and how it has gone up by 50€ in the space of 5 years. Though I pointed out to her that due to exchange rate I have barely been affected.

Wacken 2008 was 99€ which at the time was £88*.
Wacken 2009 was 120€ which at the time was £119
Wacken 2013 is 150€ which is £119.

God bless the GBP.

*Approx.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

With the looming redundancies I am getting more and more set on going travelling for a bit before moving onto the next big step of my life. That is, of course, assuming I get made redundant.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

I've been to Hellfest twice and I don't think it's too much like Wacken (from what i've heard, i've not been). It reminds me more of a french BOA.

I had a ticket for Wacken this year but sold it in the end, which i'm now regretting as I didn't realise at the time that I wouldn't be able to make it to BOA. God dammit :x

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Phew, they are gone.
Im still rattling about. +1 for Euro festivals being better

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I've been to Hellfest twice and I don't think it's too much like Wacken (from what i've heard, i've not been). It reminds me more of a french BOA.

I had a ticket for Wacken this year but sold it in the end, which i'm now regretting as I didn't realise at the time that I wouldn't be able to make it to BOA. God dammit :x

I meant in terms of popularity. Its the 'in' place to go these days, as Wacken was in 2008. Apart from people on this forum, I don't know of anyone who went to Wacken this year.