What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fatboy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 am

spending since monday in Gosport with the kids and a load of family(like 30 of them) kids playing in the sea collecting stones and shells.. bloody great .... and it was fooking hot too!!!! :flame:

now to the p#ssed off thread..

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Getting a new pair of trainers! Haven't worn trainers for 10 years..
Also, new boots (for Bloodstock, natch) and randoms like belt, jeans and sunglasses. 1st time i've bought stuff I need for ages.. It's far too hot to be wearing leathers, sadly.
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:06 pm

Klaus Meine.

Although not in sexual manner, that would just be weird.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:33 pm

hammerfalls cover of breaking the law, havent laughed that much in a while
By this axe I rule

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Went on a nice walk with someone.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Rickles sent me this dunno if hes posted it on here thou http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5bxV8RKXw Ace!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 pm

I got a phone call from an old friend who asked if I wanted to go to Alton Towers tomorrow free of charge!

Geeet iiiiinnnnn
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Actually listened to the whole Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge album... it makes me go :D

Oh, and I got my Bloodstock ticket. It's currently sitting at my desk, going "you spent £93.50 - 2 and a half days work - on me at HMV today, and I'm just a piece of paper" but... it's also making me excited :D

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Knowing my bloodstock ticket is at the post office ready to be picked up in the morning. Plus, I only left the house to buy cigarettes today, have just been watching films on the sofa all day with cold beers and a nice fan pointed at my face. :) Only problem is, work in 6 hours and I really have zoned out, usually do just before bloodstock, start questioning my life in a metal way. Looking at all the paperwork on my desk and my team asking me inane questions, and thinking 'why do I work here? Banking isn't a particularly metal job. I should be doing something I actually have an interest in..'
I don't know what I want to do though..
Arrrr. To be a good follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, ye should drink much meade and surround yerself with as many buxom wenches as possible.

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:50 am

moongoosedani wrote:Knowing my bloodstock ticket is at the post office ready to be picked up in the morning. Plus, I only left the house to buy cigarettes today, have just been watching films on the sofa all day with cold beers and a nice fan pointed at my face. :) Only problem is, work in 6 hours and I really have zoned out, usually do just before bloodstock, start questioning my life in a metal way. Looking at all the paperwork on my desk and my team asking me inane questions, and thinking 'why do I work here? Banking isn't a particularly metal job. I should be doing something I actually have an interest in..'

Hey I work in banking (well investments).
In my team there is me, another goth and a metaller.
Banking is soooooooo metal (he he he) :rock: - look at Howard, he is so metal!!
:rock:

What made me happy today?
Finished most of my work already so I can play on the forums a bit

RED IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Megadeth502
Consort of the Beast

Postby Megadeth502 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 am

moongoosedani wrote:Knowing my bloodstock ticket is at the post office ready to be picked up in the morning. Plus, I only left the house to buy cigarettes today, have just been watching films on the sofa all day with cold beers and a nice fan pointed at my face. :) Only problem is, work in 6 hours and I really have zoned out, usually do just before bloodstock, start questioning my life in a metal way. Looking at all the paperwork on my desk and my team asking me inane questions, and thinking 'why do I work here? Banking isn't a particularly metal job. I should be doing something I actually have an interest in..'

No worries i work at a residential solicitors in manchester not exactly a metal job :D

The only metal people i know of here are a 40 odd year old guy from upstairs, an asian guy from across the room (good friend of mine it's great that he likes metal), my mate that sits across from me who's comin with me to BOA and the guy from IT who's also goin BOA all the rest are posers, chavs, indie ppl and other mutated variations.
QQQQ Festival, Manchester, 4th October 2014!
Be there!

....Or don't it's up to you.

Danroush wrote: :cry: you've killed all my interest off in a single post

BOA: 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

moongoosedani
Consort of the Beast

Postby moongoosedani » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Thats the problem though, there's no Metallers in here. Just me keeping the scene alive. The only good thing about it is I'm the boss and therefore no dance music shall be played in here! And when I fancy listening to Korpiklaani and pissing off a load of chavs dotted round the office, I can!
But its's still pretty lonely being the only rocker, I'd probably be alright if I had a metal interviewee once in a while.. I'll just keep on rocking and banking for now then.. :yes:
Got my BOA tickets, awesome. :D

dobbsey
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby dobbsey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:01 pm

finally having money for everything i need for bloodstock :)

so could any suggest any good outdoor sights, preferabably with a 4 man tent for under £50

thanks in advance

HouShian
Consort of the Beast

Postby HouShian » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:05 pm

getting my assult boots for B.O.A. and then knowing i got all my stuff practically ready to go!

just gotta get my food ready in a couple of weeks :D *glee*

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:54 pm

dobbsey wrote:finally having money for everything i need for bloodstock :)

so could any suggest any good outdoor sights, preferabably with a 4 man tent for under £50

thanks in advance

As you're in Liverpool, the best place to go for a tent is the camping shop in Richmond Street called "Adapt Outdoors". I got my 3 man tent there last year for £30 which I haggled them down to from £45. They do have a website but they only seem to have the bigger, more expensive tents on there.
I've also got miscellaneous stuff from them like sleeping bags, lanterns etc over the years. The army surplus shop near there, Callan, is well worth a look depending on what you're after too.