What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:43 pm

peypea wrote:I DON'T HAVE VAG CANCER! HALLELUJAH!

Huzzah, that is all types of excellent!

Loving this weather in every way possible. I don't get why people complain - I only really come alive once it gets above 25C. This is absolutely perfect for me.

Decided to be an adult and have a look at my credit score, and I'm stunned - it's actually above 950. Seriously didn't expect that with my usual financial dealings. I know I can get it a lot higher in the next year if I'm even slightly sensible.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:43 am

thehairyone wrote:Loving this weather in every way possible. I don't get why people complain - I only really come alive once it gets above 25C. This is absolutely perfect for me.

Why do I complain? Because I hate it. I can't function in this heat. It's unpleasant in every way possible! The sensation of direct sun on my skin is horrible, the air being too thick to breathe is horrible, the amount of sweat pouring off my head is horrible. I can't wait until winter...

(Yes, I'm being 100% serious about that)
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:05 am

They'll all be complaining when there's a drought, the trains are cancelled and roads melt. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:53 am

great news !

WMMHT - car called in for recall due to potentially faulty air bag. Only got letter today, but car booked in for Monday with a full collection/drop off, complimentary service, wash and interior valet thrown in for free.

Shame it goes to WOA next week to get completely filthy again :lol:
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Woot!
:rock:
(your post reminds me of when I danced into my local gaming haunt celebrating a clear biopsy)

thehairyone wrote:I don't get why people complain - I only really come alive once it gets above 25C.

I only really come alive if it's below 22C Above that, it's TOO hot for me and I start shutting down. I'me one of those people who's basically always warm and is built for the winter.

I also don't tan (at all) and am very photosensitve, and get hayfeaver.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm not built for summer or winter. I'm always cold in winter and if the temperature goes above 25 degrees, it's too warm.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Aw yisssss grats mang

And on the weather thing, above 25 I'm donezo. Can barely function. Just sit and sweat and complain.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:43 pm

I am loving this heat. I know not everyone likes it, but given 4/5 days I'm cycling in wind and rain this has been beautiful.

Just had an interview for a job I think I'd actually quite like doing. Find out tomorrow. More money, less hours.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Give me a crisp autumn day over anything summer or winter can throw.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:28 pm

I operate better in 28s 29s, than the 36 my vehicle recorded yesterday just south of Gloucester.

New phone. New jeans. Chuffed.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:58 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:I'm not built for summer or winter. I'm always cold in winter and if the temperature goes above 25 degrees, it's too warm.

Same 8)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:34 am

I remember walking through town in a t-shirt one December morn, running into my Greek mates who where all bundled up and confused at the sweat glistening on my forehead...

onona

Postby onona » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 pm

So fucking glad the weather is more or less back to normal today. The past three days were diabolical, and I've barely slept every night.

On a somewhat related note, I was watching a rerun of Come Dine With Me, a show I loathe yet watch constantly, and the contestant was a vacuous Mancunian who claimed that he didn't care about global warming, because he "wants longer summers". Almost threw my dinner plate at the telly in a rage.

jwh20

Postby jwh20 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 am

jwh20 wrote:I am loving this heat. I know not everyone likes it, but given 4/5 days I'm cycling in wind and rain this has been beautiful.

Just had an interview for a job I think I'd actually quite like doing. Find out tomorrow. More money, less hours.

Nope, didn't get it >:( Doomed to be doing this forever goddamit.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Phone contract has finally ended after 2 years of having to buy 4 new phones, constantly running out of data and shite customer service, I was all ready to go tell 3 to fuck themselves and go to Giffgaff...
but actually they offered me a really good deal, way better than Giffgaff really, so i'm kinda happy I dont have to go through the bs of changing phone company again.
It's a sim only, 12 month contract, get double as much data and £3 less each month than what i was paying before, and on top of that i get data abroad at no extra cost and free wifi on the tube. winrar.