What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Done quite a bit of my book today. I think I may be well on schedule at least to finish my homework. As far as being prepared for the exam, lets see what this time next month brings.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:09 pm

My cat has been in hospital for the last two weeks, recovering from a thyroidectomy. He's probably going to be coming home tomorrow.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Finally finished my SOWs and got them sent off. Now I can get on to doing things I actually need to do around the home.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:13 pm

Brilliant night gaming last night. Two days until the weekend. I have my swe back so the bed is three times warmer. Everything's looking good.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 pm

Thought about it a lot today and then when I got home the opportunity presented itself so I dobbed on my brother (regarding him nicking my stuff, lying to my dad and having his mates over to smoke weed in the house)
I feel so much better now :lol:

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Woken up up by a phone call from a recruitment agency regarding a graduate scheme. Got through the first stage no sweat (apparently only 2 in all 65 did the prior day!), got a call back later in the day for the second stage where it turned out they had to drop me because I didn't have a driving licence.

... But they thought I was so good they invited me to an assessment day for another job. Dead chuffed, especially considering I've tanked every other phone interview I've had. :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Got sent home from work because I looked ill, and now I've got a scented candle going so my room smells of daisies.

Awyus.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Felt doomed to disaster as my dream wardrobe was 8cm too big for the recess :(

Been put in touch with a company that will customise (reduce width) and build it for less than Ikea wanted just to build :yes:

Finally all my t shirts and other half's will have hanger room, rather than being stored in space bags. It is his fault though. At the last count he had well over 350 shirts :o
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:50 pm

One for everyday of the year. :yes:

I must have a similar amount. But I have noticed I've not been buying that many recently.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 pm

I have banned myself from buying any more band shirts. I have probably 50+ and imo that is about 30 too much. I am at some point looking to learn how to work ebay and shedding a few. Some of the bandshirts I have got, I haven't listened to for 6 or more years. Not looking to get rid of any of my tourshirts because they're my memories, but as far as plain and simple band shirts are concerned, I just want rid of them.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:35 pm

He has got shirts from 1985 !!!! Wish he would sell a few of them, it would pay the bills or the next 6 months !

He claims to have been cutting down :rolleyes: When quizzed further it transpires he bought 6 at WOA, 3 at BOA and 5 shirts in 6 gigs over the last 8 weeks :x

At this rate gonna need a bigger house, never mind a new huge wardrobe.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:48 pm

lol I was just a stain on the curtains then.

Nah I just prefer tour shirts. I might pick up a Damnation one this year but definitely shedding some that are not tour shirts to 'make space for' it. Only tourshirt I will get rid of I think is the Paganfest that Moonsorrow, Tyr, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani and Ensiferum played. Not proud of going to that horse shit. :lol:

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Unfortunately they are ALL tour shirts (with a few fest shirts thrown in). Last year he went to more than 70 gigs and is up to 44 already this year. I might as well give up now :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:55 pm

He's more dedicated than myself, I don't think I have done 70 gigs in my life. My last gig was Hell February 2013. Last festival was Damnation 2012. Last open air festival was Bloodstock 2011. :lol: Incidentally, if you toss in Hypocrisy and Sodom when they played in London a couple of years ago, they would be the last 5 times I was seen at any gigs/festivals.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:18 pm

You need to get back home mate and get yourself out !! I have been corrected by the OH who has just walked in.

Apparently it's 44 gigs tomorrow and he is disputing the T shirt count (AGAIN) :lol:

To be fair, a lot are small underground gigs were the door charge averages £5 !

He also goes to a lot of gigs with a mate who works for PowerPlay Mag. The OH's photos (and a Hatebreed review) have featured in previous publications (much to his immense pride).