What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 pm

lol I see.

At least the end joke made up for the lack of initial joke.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:07 pm

A Dance of Dragons has an actual release date, confirmed by GRRM and the publishers and everything omg
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
Nantha
Denim Demon
Posts: 9269
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:59 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Nantha » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Being paid £70 a day this week to work as a photographers assistant. Cool

User avatar
Ndnd
Denim Demon
Posts: 6240
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Ndnd » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Chris and I are going out tonight for some drinks and food.

We haven't been out and let our hair down in ages and we have had alot of work stuff to do, so will be great to catch up :)
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Stand up and Fight! It's a totally awesome album (except for Hunting Pirates). Much better than anything they've done before. Just got the special version in the post today :D
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Moonburp wrote:Stand up and Fight! It's a totally awesome album (except for Hunting Pirates). Much better than anything they've done before. Just got the special version in the post today :D

Get lost, Hunting for pirates is awesome. Shits all over any other pirate themed metal I've heard. Only really bad track for me is Fear the Fear, that just seems to be a track saying 'man up'.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:30 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Stand up and Fight! It's a totally awesome album (except for Hunting Pirates). Much better than anything they've done before. Just got the special version in the post today :D

Get lost, Hunting for pirates is awesome. Shits all over any other pirate themed metal I've heard. Only really bad track for me is Fear the Fear, that just seems to be a track saying 'man up'.

It's not bad, not at all. Just not one of the better ones. End of an Empire is probably the best song they've ever written (imo).
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Moonburp wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Stand up and Fight! It's a totally awesome album (except for Hunting Pirates). Much better than anything they've done before. Just got the special version in the post today :D

Get lost, Hunting for pirates is awesome. Shits all over any other pirate themed metal I've heard. Only really bad track for me is Fear the Fear, that just seems to be a track saying 'man up'.

It's not bad, not at all. Just not one of the better ones. End of an Empire is probably the best song they've ever written (imo).

Aye its class, though I think the choir makes it for me, without that it wouldn't be nearly as good.
Miklaguard Overture is still my favourite track by them though.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
Corpse_Flower
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Sheepland.

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Corpse_Flower » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm

My dad doesn't seem to care that the university of Buckingham charges £8000 a year...however their courses are only 2 years long, which is odd but w.e gives me an alright reserve.
"Opeth officially not better than cigarettes or medical aid"

http://www.facebook.com/FilthyVictorianGirl
http://www.last.fm/user/Victorianfaerie

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8832
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Tet » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Visage's self-titled. I am now listening to said album. Awesome.

Agreed 100%. As well as the obvious hit singles, I've always had a soft spot for "The dancer". But then I like pretty much everything they've done. Even "Beat boy"...
Last edited by Tet on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon
Posts: 3572
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 pm
Location: Bangor
Contact:

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Corpse_Flower wrote:My dad doesn't seem to care that the university of Buckingham charges £8000 a year...however their courses are only 2 years long, which is odd but w.e gives me an alright reserve.

Are they one of the ones that's trialling the idea of cutting three years down to two by taking away the summer breaks?

User avatar
Big D
Denim Demon
Posts: 9381
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Portsmouth

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Big D » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:41 pm

A parcel from Amazon.

User avatar
Corpse_Flower
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Sheepland.

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Corpse_Flower » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:47 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:
Corpse_Flower wrote:My dad doesn't seem to care that the university of Buckingham charges £8000 a year...however their courses are only 2 years long, which is odd but w.e gives me an alright reserve.

Are they one of the ones that's trialling the idea of cutting three years down to two by taking away the summer breaks?


I believe so...eh CCC I think even I can get that :lol:
"Opeth officially not better than cigarettes or medical aid"

http://www.facebook.com/FilthyVictorianGirl
http://www.last.fm/user/Victorianfaerie

User avatar
MetalBeast
Denim Demon
Posts: 8928
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:19 pm

New Mouse.

It's only a cheapo mouse, but the old one kept either ignoring clicks or registering one click as two and not having those problems anymore makes me happy.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

User avatar
Deli Kate
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Brackley

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Deli Kate » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Corpse_Flower wrote:
corrupt_toolbox wrote:
Corpse_Flower wrote:My dad doesn't seem to care that the university of Buckingham charges £8000 a year...however their courses are only 2 years long, which is odd but w.e gives me an alright reserve.

Are they one of the ones that's trialling the idea of cutting three years down to two by taking away the summer breaks?


I believe so...eh CCC I think even I can get that :lol:


If it's the one actually in Buckingham, it's only six miles away from me!


Just thought I'd let you know in case of emergency :eyes:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8